Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:09 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

Default Eqemu server

Has anyone given thought to a joint custom server. Basically a group of developers who want to combine efforts. I run a server and we are about to deploy a large update but I got a test machine. I7 Alienware that could host a joint server. Way I see it is we can all team view into a box and discuss development and if we agree we can co develop a new world.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:39 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

I wouldn't mind getting involved in something like this..It would probably be best to get someone with the least knowledge of the workings of the emulator franchise to be the project lead, so they can push/force ideas and deadlines and such on the devs to get things accomplished that they shouldn't be able to in the allotted time. Sorta like how normal management works on the job...

Are you thinking a public "fork" of the code, db, and quest, or a private invitation only project?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:52 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

I am thinking of limiting it to 4 current / past server running folks. Basically as my server shows me it is more then a single persons worth of work to run a server. So if several folks with similar ideas want to band together I got the hardware and can be one of the developers. Just fishing to see if there is interest.