Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
cole89103
Banned

Default Stupid question but ummmm...

ok i bught titanium BUT cds 3-5 are messed up and i cant return them i do have my old chronicles cds can i play on an eqemu server 0.7.0 with a fresh install of those cds???
Old 04-23-2006, 11:31 PM
mattmeck

no, you cant
Old 04-24-2006, 12:45 AM
cole89103
Banned

well then im open to suggestions on how to get this workin id rather not give sony another 20 bucks
Old 04-24-2006, 01:31 AM
resnovich
Fire Beetle

Default Fix?

Havent tried this yes, but maybe you can give it a shot (i would cut my losses and get argue for an exchange or buy another one given the time involved).

Here it is... start the install process and after disc 3 fails examine how far the process went... if you have your essential files (eqgame.exe, eqmain.dll, etc) you should be able to use these files with your chronicles CDs to run on a 0.7.0.

Like I said, I havent tried this. I would just get another copy of Titanium given the time involved to mash two clients together.

You could also try extracting the essential files from the compressed files for use in the same manner if they are contained on one of the bad discs.

Good luck,
Resno
Old 04-24-2006, 01:34 AM
klinzhai
Sarnak

A) Take them back to the store where you bought them and claim that CDs 3-5 are bad (since they are...). If they claim that you can't, let them know that you are not looking for a return, you simply want an exchange of the bad CDs. If you purchased them less than 3 days old, inform them that the Federal Gov't requires that any non-partially consumed items be returnable for 3 days.

B) Go find someone with the CDs. It's not illegal to install on multiple computers, Sony just claims that it's illegal to copy them.... which is strange that Sony would claim that, since by law you are entitled to make 1 archive copy of every non-DVD media that you own (tape, CD, record, VHS, Laser disc, Betamax, etc....), so no matter what they claim, the Federal Gov't (in the US) states that they can suck eggs unless it's on DVD. So if you find someone who also has a copy of the CDs, then you copy theirs, and they can be considered your legal 'archive' copy of your bad CDs.

Last edited by klinzhai; 04-24-2006 at 09:39 AM..
Old 04-24-2006, 09:51 AM
cole89103
Banned

ok gamestop has a no return policy so that part is out( I hate gamestop) tried extracting them from the cabs but lmao gotta love sony whenever i try opening the data*.cab files it basicly tells me to piss off lol now for a weird question if its legal to have an archived copy as a backup and all people need is those few files why cant we share them? I mean for people who actually bought the pack(Like me) And have cyclic redundancy check errors(Bad CDs) And cant return them ?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:13 AM
attempt37
Fire Beetle

They have no return policy, but I doubt they will not allow you to exchange a defective item for the exact same game. Try actually going there and telling them the game is defective and you want it swapped out. If they tell you that you can't do that, take it to walmart. You don't have to have a receipt to exchange at walmart, as long as you are just exchanging for the same item.

Also, if gamestop won't exchange the item, let them know you have no intention of coming back to their store. It's rediculous to not allow the exchange of defective merchandise. Unless of course they are intentionally providing defective games and hiding behind their return policy to keep their profits up.

EDIT: It is legal to have a backup copy for your own personal use. It is not legal to distribute files to other people. The files cannot be provided by this community unless you want Sony coming in and shutting the project down for copyright infringement.

Last edited by attempt37; 04-24-2006 at 07:16 PM..
Old 04-24-2006, 11:22 AM
cole89103
Banned

o i have gone down went there the day i bought it and found out the cds were screwed. they only had this one copy to begin with and the manager told me i was basicly screwed and to download the stuff from sony( Which worked for my account but wont work for eqemu) i used to get my game cards from gamestop tll i got 3 in a row that were already used, and walmart doesnt have titanium which sucks or id have gone there to get it in the first place... so basicly im just screwed either way if i download the stuff i cant use eqemu and need to reactivate my account if i dont i cant play at all
Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 AM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole89103
ok gamestop has a no return policy so that part is out( I hate gamestop) tried extracting them from the cabs but lmao gotta love sony whenever i try opening the data*.cab files it basicly tells me to piss off lol now for a weird question if its legal to have an archived copy as a backup and all people need is those few files why cant we share them? I mean for people who actually bought the pack(Like me) And have cyclic redundancy check errors(Bad CDs) And cant return them ?
From past experiance's you can if you have enough HD space copy th contents of the CD's to a <directory> on your computer then run the install from there. Give that a try and see.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 04-24-2006, 11:49 AM
cole89103
Banned

tried that one too keeps giving me the crc error when trying to do anything with the cds its reallypissng me off the docs for eqemu 0.7.0 says it supports diferent clients but i stillcant use it?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:56 PM
cole89103
Banned

so if i cant use 7.0 with chronicles and my titanium cds are screwed is there a version of eq emu that will work with say a base install of chronicles or eq trillogy?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:59 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
no, you cant

already answered
Old 04-25-2006, 02:22 AM
therealjjj77
Sarnak

[~RD~ Not permitted. No links to backpatches, and that includes any servers that use them.]

Last edited by RangerDown; 04-25-2006 at 08:43 PM..
Old 04-25-2006, 02:36 AM
cole89103
Banned

hey thanks that solves alot of problems lol also i found someone with titanium cds cept the server keeps crashing when i login so illhave to tinker and see why other than that pretty freakin shnazzy