Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Default Blood of Akkadian

I remember when this server had first came out and oh boy was it epic. Getting thrown into a naggy raid at level 1 was awesome and fighting the boss in Kurns was pretty damn badass. This was one of the few servers that had a nice population (tho the hubzone was a mess) and kept us informed with updates.

Does anyone know if akkadian plans on bringing this server back? if not could it be possible for someone else to take the project over? im sure im not the only person wanting to play this server.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfuson88 View Post
I remember when this server had first came out and oh boy was it epic. Getting thrown into a naggy raid at level 1 was awesome and fighting the boss in Kurns was pretty damn badass. This was one of the few servers that had a nice population (tho the hubzone was a mess) and kept us informed with updates.

Does anyone know if akkadian plans on bringing this server back? if not could it be possible for someone else to take the project over? im sure im not the only person wanting to play this server.
I'm glad you enjoyed this server.

I have the server sitting on one of my virtual servers ready to fire up at any second. I don't have time to manage or even touch Emulator stuff at this time. If someone wanted to run with this project and was serious about it, contact me and let me know and we will see about what we can do.

Otherwise I wish I had the time to put out the project I have had in progress that is really really cool, it will probably aggressively pick back up towards May with 3-5 developers again. Everyone on the team has either been extremely busy or had life get in the way.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Soulcold
Sarnak

Good luck eventually getting it back up Akka, I miss it as well Was certainly one of the more interesting servers out there.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcold View Post
Good luck eventually getting it back up Akka, I miss it as well Was certainly one of the more interesting servers out there.
It literally could be put back up at any second. I just won't manage it with my time right now. So it would be as is.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:14 PM
kylekurth
Sarnak

I wish I knew how to do stuff and run a server because I would love to run one.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

Maybe if ya throw it up, and there is a good turnout over the next week or two, someone will be more willing to take the whole thing over for good?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

What would you say is required to run the server..Ive ran a few in the past but my host cant do past 20 people an di know minor pearlscript coding. I do have a vast experience with Moderating a server and i have plenty of time to do so.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Could it be put back up as is? maybe a fresh char wipe and then let everyone be on the same playing field? there is alot of content on your server already, put it up for a few months as is and see what population u get.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Phantons
Sarnak

I'm with the others in the thread. I would say put the server up for maybe 2-3 weeks. I'm sure by then people will be willing to help develop the server and such.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

It's up. Enjoy

Also, for those that are curious:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30645
Old 01-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Phantons
Sarnak

You don't happen to have a spare spell file lol? :/
Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Server is a tad buggy, not sure if it was left like this or if it just happened when it was brought back up.

1 - to get out of blackburrow u have to die, u cannot zone out and there is no dragon tp thing in the zone (that i can find)

Going to keep on trying tho because this is a awesome server and it would be nice if akkadius could post the custom file launcher if he still has it.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Theres also no spell scriber atm
Old 01-24-2012, 01:45 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

time to roll a melee up haha.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Phantons
Sarnak

I'm not surprised it's buggy. Hasn't been up in a long time, so everything is probably exactly where it left off. It's hard to completely polish a server to be bug-less. Besides, there will always be that one little bug that no matter how hard you try, can't be fixed. Like Akkadius had posted though, if Developers want to take over the project, that would be the first step to getting bugs fixed. I would, but I'm not 100% into EQ at the moment.