Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Congdar
Developer

I had one running titanium, and the leader running underfoot... do they need to be the same clients in the group?
Old 02-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Derision
Developer

No, it shouldn't matter having a mix of clients, I also tried with a SoD/UF combo. I'll test with Titanium and UF later.

EDIT: Leader on UF and another on Titanium worked OK too.

Last edited by Derision; 02-11-2011 at 03:06 PM..
Old 02-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Congdar
Developer

i had the titanium client be the leader and then invited the underfoot client. then i did /makeleader from the titanium client to the underfoot client and then it worked. something's up with underfoot creating groups?

When i make a group from the UF client my name doesn't turn green. when doing the /makeleader from titanium it turns green, so i'm not the leader of the group "all the way" when i create a group from UF.

Last edited by Congdar; 02-11-2011 at 03:56 PM..
Old 02-14-2011, 01:18 PM
gaeorn
Developer

It appears that instrument modifiers do not appear in the item stats window in the UF client. I don't think this is a UI problem on my end because I should be using the default stats window, but if somehow this is only affecting me, I apologize and will go beat my UI into shape.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:22 AM
sorvani
Dragon

add powater_chr.s3d to the list of missing files in UF.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 AM
trevius
Developer

I added a wiki page for the missing files here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ssingFilesList

I added the powater one you mentioned to that list, but in the future, anyone is able to update that wiki page if you just sign up for a wiki account.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeorn View Post
It appears that instrument modifiers do not appear in the item stats window in the UF client. I don't think this is a UI problem on my end because I should be using the default stats window, but if somehow this is only affecting me, I apologize and will go beat my UI into shape.
Apparently in Feb 2009, bard instrument modifiers were changed into equivalent focus effects. To quote the patch notes:

Quote:
- Bard instrument mods are now using the focus system. All bard instruments now have a focus effect that amounts to the same bonus the instrument was getting previously. The display is somewhat different. As an example, prior to this change, a percussion mod of 28 was a 2.8x multiplier on effects. This will now be displayed as a focus effect like "Percussion Resonance 18" that gives a 180% boost to percussion. This is equivalent to the original 2.8x multiplier.
The bard focus effect info was already in the items table, just not being sent to the client. Fixed in Rev1867.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Run speed spells/songs do not appear to have any effect in UF. To test, I ran my bard and then started singing a run speed song and there was no visible change in speed. I personally have not tested spells, but I have received reports that spells such as SoW are also not working in UF.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Run speed spells/songs do not appear to have any effect in UF. To test, I ran my bard and then started singing a run speed song and there was no visible change in speed. I personally have not tested spells, but I have received reports that spells such as SoW are also not working in UF.
My SoW has been working fine with the UF client I am using on my lan server.
I'm always casting it, while I am running around doing spawnfix's etc., and I
do notice a difference when the buff timer runs out.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 PM
sorvani
Dragon

On PEQ it seems to not be doing anything, but then my guts have run 5. How close to spirit of Bih'Li is run 5? My bard speed seems completely broke to but that may be the known client roll over bug.

What command shows run speed server side? I'll check into it on my test server.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Run speed spell/song effects have been tested without mq2 and it still does not work in UF on PEQ. Works fine in all other clients except for UF.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:10 PM
gaeorn
Developer

/em emotes do not work in UF. It gives a message about channel 22 similar to the one for chat channels before they were fixed.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:38 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Run speed spell/song effects have been tested without mq2 and it still does not work in UF on PEQ. Works fine in all other clients except for UF.
after a further IRC chat and some testing on PEQ with my toons and here is what we've got.

Level 1 Druid, Level 65 bard with run 5 and all the instrument mod AA but specifically not Fleet of Foot, and a 65 Shaman with run 5.

Log in with UF client and group up. cast Bih`Li on the group. The level 1 druid runs noticeably faster and if you click off the buff wile running she noticeably slows down. There is no noticeable run speed difference on the Bard and shaman who have Run5.

Clicking off the buffs I switched to Selo's Accelerating Chorus and Selo's Song of Travel. Again the druid ran noticeably faster, but not any faster than with Bih'Li. The Bard and Shaman both seemed to have no run speed change over Run5.

This led to the thought that possibly the bard instrument modifier is not getting sent to the client correctly. Most other songs are modified on the server side with a packet sent to the client with the result, but isn't run speed calculated on the client? That is why we get the wrap around bug with a bard with full AA and an instrument modifer in SoD.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:39 AM
KLS
Administrator

The way bard songs are sent is really touchy with UF, just quickly glancing at the code it doesn't look like we are doing it right. The bard action packets always came in pairs from EQLive and I could never get it to work right unless I also sent it in pairs like EQLive.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:16 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Possibly related: For other group members, Bard songs do not show their timer correctly until some other buff causes the client to redo the buff icons.

Options -> Display -> Show Buff Timer & Show Song Timer

Sing one song with an empty buff bar. Switch to another character in the group and watch the timer. It will count down to zero then the buff will sit there with no timer unless some other spell or song get cast on the toon then it will all refresh.