Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:06 AM
logikgear
Fire Beetle

Default Missing West Commonlands ??

Hey all. I had a player messaged me saying that West Commonlands was broken. So I logged in to see what was going on and it seems that the DB is pointing to Zone 21 witch is the West Commonlands zone from Titanium. I see two other Commonland zones 408 (The Commonlands) & 457 (Old Commonlands) Neither witch having the same 3 zone walls (East Commonlands, Befallen, & Kithicor Forest) or even work if i set a charter to the safe cords of either of those two zones.

My question is: Is there a "New" West Commonlands zone that I can point the zone walls to (just like Tox/Toxxuila) or do I just need to have everyone add the files for West Commonlands from Titanium to their client?

We are all using RoF2.
Server Database version is 9122.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:51 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

"Commonlands" is the revamped version of east/west commonlands, together.(2006)
Old 05-20-2018, 02:05 AM
logikgear
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
"Commonlands" is the revamped version of east/west commonlands, together.(2006)
So I assume that I will need to change all the zone walls for "east/west commonlands" to "The Commonland" or is there an easier way?

I tried changing my toons Character_data location to put me in "The Commonlands" safe zone and it just kept reloading and I had to end task on the game I hope that doesn't mean that it's broken on my server.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:50 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

First, if you're going to change anything for zoning, it's all in either, zone_points
table or doors table.
Anything you have to click on to zone, is a door. Anything you just run through,
like a "zone line" is in the zone_points table.

In the zone_points table is some columns that will need to edit, to send
your client to where you want it to go.

target_y, target_x, target_z, target_heading and target_zone_id.
To get the target_zone_id, you can look in the zone table for the zoneidnumber
which is what you need for the target_zone_id.

BUT, you're also getting into things that may require files needed by your client and/or
further editing for character creations.
Example: You want to create a human character in the old version of Freeport East
(freporte) or the new version (freeporteast) ?
The destination for those would have to be edited in the char_create_combinations
table and the start_zones table.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:35 AM
logikgear
Fire Beetle

Thank you for all your help Grumpy. My concern is that there is something wrong with "The Commonlands" because I can't manually spawn my character in the new zone. I don't want to spend the time editing the DB to point to the new zone if it's broken.

When I enter the safe cords into the table to manually spawn my character in zone 408 ("The Commonlands") I get "Loading The Arena" when I try loading in. Then it gets stuck in a rezoning loop and I have to end task the game from the task manager. So it appears that the files are there but something correct.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:52 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

There is only 2 "logical" reasons this could be happening to you.
If you're using RoF2 client, then maybe your client is missing the "commonlands" files ?
or,
If you are using the Titanium client, trying to zone in there. Titanium is not compatible
with some of those newer revamped zones.

Other than that, I have no idea why it could be happening. Especially with an RoF2
client, it should have the proper zone files.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:11 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

Stock RoF2 clients are missing a bunch of the older zone files that got revamped.
The simplest solution is to take the missing files from an older client like HoT or even Titanium and drop them into the RoF2 client.
That will enable you to zone into the new version's and the old. Same goes for CShome, those files don't exist in any client, but it's possible to find the files online and drop them into whatever client you're using and be able to zone in there.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:16 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Hey logik, think I just found your "looping" problem, (if your using rof2).
I don't use "commonlands" zone, but I just tried to zone into it, to see what's up.
As soon as I did, it "rezoned" me to ecommons (the old version). If your rof2 does
not have those old files, it will "loop" like yours is doing. I'm just testing some things
out here. I'll be back, haha
Edit- Didn't see your post Sturm, was typing same time as you :P
I have both zone version files and it's not letting my GM toon enter "commonlands"
(with RoF2)
Old 05-20-2018, 01:27 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Nevermind, I just looked at the player.lua in quests/commonlands folder. It's set to
send any client to the old version. Just get rid of that.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:08 PM
logikgear
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
Nevermind, I just looked at the player.lua in quests/commonlands folder. It's set to
send any client to the old version. Just get rid of that.
Great! Thank you. I was able to manully spawn into "The Commondlands". Now when going to the West Freeport it looks WAY different. Are there a bunch of newer zones? it seems what we see when we play are a mix of newer and older textured maps.