Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:56 PM
adamalh
Fire Beetle

Default Whoa

Ok, I am having a new issue today. One I've never experienced.

This seems to be random, but has been happening a lot today to two of my accounts. I log into my account, get to SERVER select screen, click on EZ, login. After it loads at Character select screen, I have access to random people's characters. I am able to fully login to their characters as if they were my own. I exit EQ, log in again and i'll have yet another random character.

This seems to be intermittent, right now I'm logging into my own characters just fine. This happened earlier this morning then seemed to fix it's self, then it just happened again about 20 minutes ago.

I am using SOD client each time this happens, cannot verify if it happens on Titanium.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:52 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajunn View Post
Is the login server down again? After using the #setlsinfo command from titanium on PEQ, I still get the invalid login/password error.
No it is not down. Make sure you use the exact same login name that you used to log in before changing your eqhost.txt. And obviously use the password you set with the #setlsinfo command.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
adamalh
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicbeardman View Post
login name is magebot. I have been having to play titanium with this one and SOD with the others. It worked a few days ago though but now its unknown error after login when I try to join a server.
I am having the exact same issue as you now. I play multiple accounts, and they all work, except one of mine is now getting unknown error every time i try to login using SOD and the temporary server. I was able to login with that very same account a couple hours ago. I can login to that account using titanium client just fine, and I can also login to my other accounts using SOD just fine.

I have tried restarting EQ, and my PC. I'm not sure what could have spawned this error on that account.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:07 PM
adamalh
Fire Beetle

Ok I don't know if you did anything to fix it, or if time fixed it. I tried that same account a few hours later and now its working again with SOD. Just figured I'd update you.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:54 PM
youthdragon
Fire Beetle

Server down or is just me..
Old 05-15-2010, 01:33 PM
KLS
Administrator

Looks up for me atm. I know gaeorn was working on something at work so it's not unreasonable to expect it to go down for short amounts of time.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Wasted0x0
Fire Beetle

I can connect with my Titanium client but not my SoD client. I type in password and click log in but gives me an error saying to make sure I am connected to the internet. Worked fine last night.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:34 PM
GoKusse
Fire Beetle

Not up for me either so you're not alone, titanium is working fine though.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
aab
Fire Beetle

Been down for me also - haven't been able to get in at all today.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:45 PM
walk
Fire Beetle

tsahosting is down

OR I should say it may be up but the connection between it and me (and others it seems) is down. I'm on at&t dsl.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:17 PM
gaeorn
Developer

I am not aware of any issue with tsahosting yesterday. However, it did have a problem this morning that should be resolved now. Please post if you have further issues. Please note that not all servers have reconnected to it since it was down for a while this morning.

Last edited by gaeorn; 05-15-2010 at 04:35 PM..
Old 05-15-2010, 05:47 PM
helman
Sarnak

Now I am not able to long in. I get stuck at the Logging in to server message.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:05 PM
sirgoladith
Fire Beetle

Here is an interesting issue...Ok so I can connect just fine SOMETIMES with the first account I registered to it the other day. But today I tried to register my other 3 accounts to it, and it doesn't seem to work. But occasionaly when I try to connect with my first one that does work it just hangs at the connection box when I try to log in, it will do that with the other 3 sometimes too, but most of the time it just says bad login or password...
Old 05-16-2010, 12:12 AM
sirgoladith
Fire Beetle

I got it figured out...PEQ isn't currently connected to the LS, so when I try to update it, it doens't work, but Storm Haven is, so I was able to use that. All better now.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helman View Post
Now I am not able to long in. I get stuck at the Logging in to server message.
This happens on occasion. We do not currently know the cause.

If you are seeing this persistenly, it is a different problem and we will need more information such as the client version and the contents of the eqhost.txt file.