Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
szalab
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
Yeah, I have both SoF and Titanium installs on my box. You can go back and forth easily, just be sure they're clean installs, then modify the nektulos files, and update the titanium copy with the proper spellfile. (I wrote a switcher for spellfiles if you plan to play multiple servers).
This is good to know!!! I was actually thinking about checking out a couple different servers before settling on one and I was wondering about how that would be doable without totally complicating things. You read my mind because I was going to ask eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
When you start off as DE Enchanter, I really recommend avoiding Nektulos Forest. Run down to East Commons. Unless they fixed a LOT of issues, the bugs of that zone are insane. Mobs are assisting other species in the wrong way, and it's creating a slew of difficulty problems. Death is inevitable in Nektulos.
Thanks for the tip... having avoided dark elves in the past I only ever stepped foot inside of Nektulos like twice for spells/quests in my entire EQ career (crazy I know). So not knowing the zone well combined with said bugs sounds like a real headache for a brand new character.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:23 PM
szalab
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
you can always fix the missing models by writing needed lines by hand (only 5-6 zones that were rewamped are missing those entries), or simply make all models global at once

I can certainly manage any of the solutions mentioned above and I do still have my old EQ disks up to PoP (I think I started downloading expansions when Ykesha came out).

However I think good old copy and paste sounds like the quickest solution with the lowest chance of screwing anything up. At the risk of sounding lazy, could somebody (if they get a chance to) post the following?:

1.) the chunk of text that needs to be added

and

2.) the folder names where this chunk of text needs to be pasted?

I would be fine with making all models global too.... if there is an easy way to do that.

Still waiting for my FoV disks in the mail... hopefully tonight!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szalab View Post
Still waiting for my FoV disks in the mail... hopefully tonight!
No idea what client FoV is but Titanium works best SoF is compatible with some work.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:25 PM
szalab
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley1 View Post
No idea what client FoV is but Titanium works best SoF is compatible with some work.
Ugh... no idea what I was thinking about.... I meant SoF.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:10 PM
haynar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavren View Post
Do you have a copy of the "adjsuted SoF" spell file for download somehwere? If not, where do I find the perl script you used?
Ok, I tried to put it where you can download it. It should be here: spells_us.zip if i did it right.

Haynar
Old 10-21-2009, 01:15 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I am surprised to find out that you guys have Paineel open???
Paineel wasn't in game until well after Kunark, or perhaps even Velious.
Erudite necros suppose to have their guildleader in that little house at the edge of the forest. And there were no Erudite SK neither
Old 10-21-2009, 08:24 AM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Quote:
FEBRUARY 17, 2000
Announcements:

The City of Paineel, home to the infamous Heretics of Erudin, is now available via the Optional Patch. In addition, Erudites may now also be Shadowknights in addition to the other classes available to them. All Erudite Necromancers, Shadowknights, and Clerics who worship the God of Fear, Cazic-Thule, now start in the City of Paineel. As such, if you wish to create a character of this type from this point forward, you *must* download the Paineel zone-files via the Optional Patch.
Still prekunark, there were more votes for keeping it than removing :p
Old 10-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Skeletonya
Fire Beetle

Im gonna have to check this out. I been having Everquest flashbacks lately.. and low and behold, found this today...

My teen years brought back to life. Wow, I havent been this excited in a long time.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 AM
KrysanthREAL
Fire Beetle

this server is the shit folks, come on and have some fun
Old 10-29-2009, 05:36 AM
pellegrin
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up

Have been playing on this server for about 3 days now. One session I played was 8 hours straight. Never once was i lagged or disconnected not even a hickup. Great quality !

It has its bugs like any server / game has upon launch and it is free after all so to complain about something free is a bit meh. Lets hope the devs are up to the challenge though and keep polishing

I logged on today to 260 people. Almost up to that 300 mark !
Old 10-29-2009, 10:20 AM
entilzah
Fire Beetle

This server rocks!

I am having trouble with my spells though,

I installed Titanium and I noticed some spells say level 2 for a Shaman. I downloaded the spells file that was in this thread and it seemed to solve that, but it changed the spell icons quite a bit.

Also I was getting higher level spell effects after installing the new spells file. In classic it increased in steps I believe.

I went to the project1999 website to be referred to another website, so I registered there hoping to get access to the forums but it shows no forums are available... I didn't apply to the guild.. Any suggestions?!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Datante
Fire Beetle

Default P1999 Forums

entilzah,

I had the same difficulty--you should be able to find the forums by using the upper left link on the vBulletin page. Or just return to project1999.org and you will have access via the top-end link bar.

I do not yet have Titanium (I only have the original game/EQ client from '99) and am really looking forward to finding the discs to return to Norrath. Awesome nostalgia!

-Datante
Old 10-30-2009, 09:42 AM
entilzah
Fire Beetle

Thanks! I clicked on the "getting started" link instead of the "forums" link which was somewhat hidden by the black background of the title on project1999.org. Maybe that can be fixed
Old 04-04-2010, 12:29 AM
mixxit
Hill Giant

massive population, great server, very stable, active devs and even the boats don't work

5 stars!
Old 04-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Veks
Fire Beetle

Im sp excited about hitting this server, your fixes sound awesome, and im stoked about the nil XP boost. Leveling is why i play games like this. Bring on a chain pulling grind group for a few hours. Love your work.