Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:09 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
He actually did, there is more to the story. As usual there are two sides.
Which is why I asked
Old 04-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

My story with prov is simple.

I used MQ2 to warp and made a bard kite macro.

Simple.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:39 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
My story with prov is simple.

I used MQ2 to warp and made a bard kite macro.

Simple.
This is not about you. I am fairly certain chrsschb was referring to Theaccused
Old 05-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Indev
Fire Beetle

My 2 cp on MQ2- this is more to help the OP (Theaccused) feel a bit better about themselves.

I never used MQ2 before this year, ever; and was very openly opposed to using it under any circumstances. I figured that if I can't get a tracker or box a Ranger to find Quillmane or whatever NPC- then so be it (etc, etc, etc).

After playing on a few solo/low pop' servers now however, and being unable to find help when needed, under some ordinary circumstances the benign benefits of players using MQ2 "basic" or "stock" compile far outweigh the damage that can be done with even the most powerful macros. What convinced me was a very kind and helpful player who was using it on a server where it was allowed, helping me find certain spawns that were baffling even my high level Ranger; that and just plain ordinary help partnering (duoing) higher tier content that was crushing me even with a well-geared full group of bots (so much for "solo" content there).

After trying it out, I too enjoyed EQ again anew; knowing what was up in the zone made me able to navigate my toons better (no, not using warp or anything "malicious") and saved me from a few deaths to Fabled NPCs when I forgot to mash on my "/tar The_" social macro late at night.

So, using MQ2 isn't the end of the world, especially if "falsely accused" of using it; if you're helpful and respectful and people like you anyway, who cares; my mind has changed 180 degrees on this, alot of players probably feel this way now too. If someone is using this "taboo" just to get to you, they're doing a good job; don't let 'em. Just take the high road, and do what Fancy did when getting corpse camped, teabagged, and gang raped- well, just about everywhere--

/love
/say Are you guys through yet?

/smile
/say Going to get some ice cream now, let me know when I can LNS. Thanks
/bye

And otherwise, what the other server ops said; the hackers file is full of junk. The best way to exonerate yourself is to ignore the bullies; I bet when it comes to friends in game, you have more than they do.

And if you need a character reference, just PM me and I'll make a newbie on your server and help tip the balance.

=)

And if you need any help finding Quillmane, I can help there too!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:16 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indev View Post
My 2 cp on MQ2....
The issue isn't people using it on servers that allow it, but on servers that do not. I have no issues with MQ2. I use it for balance testing and I also use it fully on other servers that allow it. But on my server, for the day-to-day player, it was not allowed. Content was created and balanced a specific way and having MQ2 would ruin that balance.

I can't speak for other server operators but I spend about 10x more time balancing content than I do creating it. So I'm generally fairly confident when I say, "this content is for X groups or Y players."