Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:55 AM
JimB_1958
Sarnak

Default Leetsauce -- 2 years later

Level cap: 85 (UF Client based - with Hot zones. RoF2 can be used as well, but not fully supported)

Content is implemented from classic all the way up to OoW including SoD and Hot.
This is an economy based server. Most things progression-wise will be based on money, and your ability to procure it.
You will earn, and spend BILLIONS of plat.
Most items are droppable and tradeable.
There are hundreds and hundreds of items for sale on merchants in bazaar
Content has been tuned to be more solo-friendly, though boxing is allowed, with no cap.
Exp rates are doubled by default.

Most regular versions of zones are unlocked, but you still get rewarded for doing key quests by turning old-world keys into augmentations so as to modernize your efforts.

In addition to the keys, there are also revamped quests hidden throughout the world where the quest is the same as it is/was on live, but the reward may be slightly upgraded due to the effort required to complete such quest. Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher (BFG9000) is a good example of this.

The following list of Hardcore versions of zones are available. These are contested zones. (Instances)
Unrest(65)
Blackburrow(65)
Cazic-Thule(75)
Karnor's Castle(75)
Lower Guk(80)
Sol B(80)
Permafrost(80)
Crushbone (80)
Vex Thal (80 + key)
Sleeper's Tomb (80 + key)
Temple of Veeshan (80 + key)
Kael (85)
Sebilis (85+)
Kedge Keep (85++)

The journey doesn't end when you reach level 85. There is a huge amount of content and upgrades to get afterwards:

Unique things and other High-Tier content:
Goru`kar Mesa - (instance) become a naked level one enchanter and earn your way to 85 in this zone for great rewards and flags to open other zones. The zone has unique mobs of various levels as well as it's own private economy.

Plane of Time (85 High tier - 2 Tiers) (Instances)
Tier 1 is a time-trial. You have a certain amount of time to kill mobs. The better you do the better the reward.
Tier 2 is just a bunch of very high-tier mobs with great rewards.

LDoN - Custom zones with original(ish) mobs. Most are open - These are "Evolving" zones where the mobs have a chance to depop and repop a little tougher than before. The tougher the mobs get the better the rewards get.

City of Mist - there are 10 tiers (instances) and each is Increasingly harder than the last and the rewards get better. Mobs in these tiers evolve as in LDoN

Droga (85 High tier) - there are 10 tiers (Instances) and each is Increasingly harder than the last and the rewards get better. Mobs in these tiers evolve as in LDoN

Other Unique Features:
Player created Augments. Almost any item can be made into an augment by the player, making weapons and armor with god-like statistics.

Custom Pets: Through an extensive series of quests there are 3 tiers of Godly pets available. These pets are available to anyone, but normal pet classes can get much better Godly Pets.

Pet Power Calculation: Individual power of your pet is not only based on focus and level but on the individual stats, AAs, flags, and keys obtained by the player.

Pet Info: You can speak with your pet and change the pet's name, choose equipment, and select a race for the pet to be. If you have a Godly pet you can choose a class for it.

Rebirth - Your character can be "reborn" into another class. You keep all gear, flags, keys, and AA that are applicable to your new class. You also get a great charm for each class. Collect all 16 charms for a superior Legendary Charm. Collect all 16 again and turn that Legendary charm into Ultimate Legendary Charm.

Undead Wars - High level undead attack a random zone now and then. This can be triggered or quested.

Offline Consignment Sales. You can post items for sale for High Prices and the consignment salesman can sell it for you at any time. You don't have to be online.

Unlimited Storage. There is a chest that will allow you to store almost unlimited items to retrieve later when needed.

In-depth quest for Epic 5.0

Lots of Custom AA for further advancement.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:02 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

If you haven't been on this server for a while (or never tried it) I highly suggest that you give it a try. If you remember it as a box-fest with high BMI types camping the money spots 24/7, it's not like that anymore. In fact, the community as it is today is one of the finest, most helpful, and supportive emu communities I've had the pleasure to play alongside. It's also lucky enough to have an interested and active developer who actually fixes things and adds new things to do regularly.

If you've been looking for a server to invest your time in, a server that's both solo-friendly and just plain friendly, log in sometime to enjoy the experience.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:20 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I'd play, but I'm banned. GG NO RE on my part.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:28 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Yeah let's capitalize the word billions like it's a good thing.
Farming truck loads of money to be able to progress in a game is boring. If you turn around and claim the money comes super fast then obviously your model is stupid and based on seeing big numbers to impress 12 year olds.

Otherwise good luck.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:35 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
Yeah let's capitalize the word billions like it's a good thing.
Farming truck loads of money to be able to progress in a game is boring. If you turn around and claim the money comes super fast then obviously your model is stupid and based on seeing big numbers to impress 12 year olds.

Otherwise good luck.
The big cash numbers are a consequence of the expansion of the game. Hundreds became thousands, thousands become millions as the game's demands increase. If the "big numbers" scare off a few cellar dwellers, so much the better. The lower a server's basement-angst quotient, the better the community.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:14 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

All it takes is one query to proportionally lower Platinum drops, player's current Platinum, and item costs. So why hasn't this been done?
Old 05-02-2016, 05:24 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

The server was cool 2 years ago when there wasn't so much fuckery and the progression was actually interesting.

Now there's just too much obsolete stuff. It's a shame, used to love it here.

Old 05-02-2016, 02:07 PM
GrayKitri
Fire Beetle

I feel like I've become so jaded.

I used to enjoy this (and most other) servers, but now when i try to go back there really is just too much tomfuckery.

I want to enjoy this server again, but it honestly has so much going on ontop of what i already knew, and so much that has become archaic that I immediately log out. :( Boo urns.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:23 AM
icky181
Fire Beetle

My only minor beef is requiring mq2/warp to access some content. Fairly certain if I really wanted it another player would CoH me to those areas.

BUUUT the content is so expansive and upgrades spread all over the place there is no need to get every single drop.

Archaic? Obsolete? Y'all cray! Every raid drop past Veeshan's Peak has decent value. Vendors hidden all over the place with items to aid in progression. Even the access keys and quests result in augments used to upgrade your gear.

Like the looks of an old weapon with shit stats? Make your own custom type 20 augs! While you're at it, make your own custom augs from nearly any item with those same stats and a variety of slot types available. Very legit feature!

Unlike other servers with less variety and less choice for progression, Leetsauce has ways for a single toon (not bots or boxes) to put in some time and reach End Game.

The design of the server is so that there are MANY (not the entire population fighting for spawns in a few choice zones) ways to collect platinum to enhance your toon.

Instead of hitting a wall at the the higher levels your toon can smash entire zones with ease if you so desire. Tired of farming millions of plat? Use the rebirth feature to retain all of your general AA, flags and gear and reroll with a great bonus!

Tons more... Seriously

Once u discover all this server has to offer, there really is nothing that compares for a single EQEmu player unless you are multi-boxing, raiding with others or just prefer playing vanilla EQ.

-Jethro
Old 05-24-2016, 06:28 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

So what you're saying is play the server because it's good because someone else wrote all of the ideas? I mean come on, I wrote his original merchant generator, whether or not he's still using it is beside the point. All he has to do is put in item IDs, make an NPC, then boom, merchant. Hiding NPCs is impossible. You realize MacroQuest can see these "hidden" NPCs. Not only that, if you use warp you can just farm a lot of platinum, bypass all the content by warping, and buy the best gear.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:26 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

I have code that hides NPCs from players with MQ2 until they are close to them :p

And when you get too far away from the NPC it is hidden again.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:09 AM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post
I have code that hides NPCs from players with MQ2 until they are close to them :p

And when you get too far away from the NPC it is hidden again.
/eye
/10char
Old 05-24-2016, 01:48 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

As someone who has never played on this server it seems overwhelming. I'm sure it's not but I thought it'd be good for you to clarify to potential new players:

Is all this content set up in a way that it's progressive (IE you get ushered into something new once you complete something) or is it just "here's a bunch of shit figure it out."

One thing I thought about a while back on my old server was to have an npc and/or newbie quest that ran newer players (or returning players) through changes, give them tips on where to go, what to do, etc. based off their current progress, items (the NPC can see these things), flags, and other stuff.

If the money situation is to the point where mudflation has taken over then just cut everything back by say 90% and make it apply to all cash on the server, including drops and owned money.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:21 PM
JimB_1958
Sarnak

Wowser. I was just trying to share some info about the server.

Quote:
So what you're saying is play the server because it's good because someone else wrote all of the ideas?
I think what he is saying is play the server because it's fun.

As for "someone else wrote all of the ideas"... what server here is 100% written by one person? Isn't that the whole idea of open source and sharing ideas? For my own part, I have given full credit and thanked everyone who has helped me with stuff.

And I have lucked in to an original idea or two myself to add to the server. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Quote:
As someone who has never played on this server it seems overwhelming. I'm sure it's not but I thought it'd be good for you to clarify to potential new players:

Is all this content set up in a way that it's progressive (IE you get ushered into something new once you complete something) or is it just "here's a bunch of shit figure it out."
There are EXTENSIVE how to guides on our forums. And players here are very helpful as well. As for new players: The Newbie experience is pretty much like any other server. Kill stuff, get to max level, get some AA and start making cash for upgrades. The difference is, there are a lot... and I mean A LOT of things to keep you occupied after this. And more things added frequently. For instance, since my original post I have added Treasure Maps which is a pretty huge addition that I won't go into here.

Quote:
Is all this content set up in a way that it's progressive
Yes... and No. Errr... both really. There are things you can jump into pretty early and others that you have to get flags for. There are "Tiers" to some zones where you advance through them to fight tougher mobs for better loot odds and better loot. There is a good balance just like any good server would have.

Quote:
If the money situation is to the point where mudflation has taken over
It's not. Not even close. The economy is pretty healthy in fact. You can make a lot of plat, but you will spend most of it. There are other alternate currencies that become just as important, if not more, than plat.
So there is no need to make adjustments to drop rates or stored plat or any such thing. It works pretty well as it is.