Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:40 AM
kartikeya200
Fire Beetle

Default Your spell has been interrupted

Well, after some exhaustive googling and forum searching I haven't quite found any information on this issue, so here goes. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to anything to do with programming; I've set up a private server on my own computer via the new Windows installer and have basically been enjoying myself with a team of bots. A few weird issues here and there have mostly been resolved (or ignored), but this one is just boggling my mind.

Seemingly at complete random, I will get an issue where I can't cast a certain beneficial spell on myself without being interrupted. If it's not self only I can cast it on any of the bot team without issue even while being completely unable to cast it on myself. It's only ever beneficial spells and which spell also seems random, but when it happens I'll be unable to cast that spell on myself until some arbitrary point in the future, and nothing seems to help it when it happens, not zoning or logging or even resetting the server. It can be multiple beneficial spells or just one or two.

Other than the spells always being buffs of some sort, and always being able to cast them regardless on bots, nothing seems remotely consistent with this issue. The zone doesn't matter. The spot in the zone doesn't matter (I've had constant interrupts and the same spell working perfectly in the exact same spot). How long I've been playing doesn't matter. If I have bots out or what kind of bots doesn't seem to matter. Buff bar completely empty or partly full seems to make no difference.

To be clear, I'm not moving. Most of the time I'll have been standing still for at least a minute or two. To test, I've stood perfectly in one spot for several minutes, been interrupted when trying to cast on myself, then cast on a bot without moving at all and had no issue (and then when trying to cast on myself, interrupted again.)

So, I'm at a loss, and since I'm a newb, I'm not sure even where to start looking for the issue. This has happened on two clients (ROF and UF), and on two different installs of the ROF client from two different sources. I believe my server is fully up to date (used the automatic patcher and then manually recompiled). It could of course be lag, but my machine is pretty burly and really shouldn't be having any real issues communicating between server and client (both are running off of my D drive). Aside from bots rubberbanding (which seems to be a common bot thing) I've not had any real lag related issues.

The only other thing I can think of is that I've race-changed this character to a race that can't normally be that class, done via GM #permarace (dark elf ranger). I don't see how that could be causing the issue, but I'm mentioning it in the interest of thoroughness. The only edits to the database have been altering the quests that handle Vox and Naggy's banishment of higher level players, experience loss on death, corpse recovery, and a few raid boss respawn times.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:46 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

Sounds like you are gm flagged. #gm off and then try, should work fine.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:12 PM
joligario
Developer

Or #invul maybe?
Old 05-03-2016, 12:30 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Or level restrictions
Old 05-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Uleat
Developer

The next time it happens, you can turn on spells logging (to level 3) and attempt to cast the spell - make sure you dump the log to file.

This will parse most all of the spell casting process.

Make sure that you turn off the logging once you cast and get the interruption message..spell casting logging will dump an enormous
amount of data to the logs.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I have noticed this and it seems to be related to buff blocking by other buffs. When I get the interrupted message I start removing buffs and recasting until I find the one that is blocking it. I don't remember the message that is supposed to appear when this occurs in live but on my server it always just says its interrupted. Try removing all your buffs and casting the spell to see if it completes. If it does then one of your buffs was blocking it.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:50 AM
kartikeya200
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortow View Post
I have noticed this and it seems to be related to buff blocking by other buffs. When I get the interrupted message I start removing buffs and recasting until I find the one that is blocking it. I don't remember the message that is supposed to appear when this occurs in live but on my server it always just says its interrupted. Try removing all your buffs and casting the spell to see if it completes. If it does then one of your buffs was blocking it.
Hey guys, update: the gm #off thing fixed it nicely. It does give that same error message if for some reason you can't land the buff on yourself due to another buff blocking it or simply being at max buff slots (live it's something like 'your spell would not have taken hold'), but that's mostly just a cosmetic thing.

Now I've just got to work out why Felwithe is constantly desyncing my character...