Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-19-2020, 01:40 AM
pabloedvardo
Fire Beetle

Is this still available anywhere now that the wiki is down?
Old 10-19-2020, 08:30 AM
joligario
Developer

https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/
Old 12-20-2020, 08:28 AM
kc01b3
Fire Beetle

Hi I'm having a few issues setting up my server through VM using win 7 ultimate SP1 64bit fresh install.

When running start server bat file, it says at the top "The system cannot find the path specified", then after it opens a more cmd windows I run into a zone.exe system error window that says I'm missing a file named libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll. Not quite sure where to take things from here.

Hopefully this is right place to ask questions.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:55 PM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

Link in Original Post isnt working can we get it updated please?.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:59 AM
Tethys
Fire Beetle

Hi all.

I've been attempting to set up a local server and I'm struggling with getting the client to load and was hoping for some guidance from the group here.

In other threads I've read that we never want to launch Everquest.exe. Doing so would result in EQEmu setups to be overwritten with the latest from Daybreak. I've followed EQEmu's basic installer steps for Windows (https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...a-login-server) but I'm finding links broken and steps lite on their description.

For instance, at the link just above there's a section titled Connecting to Local Login Server. But I don't have the .bat file I read that I should have. My Titanium cd's didnt have that? Unsure why it's missing. And if I run Everquest.exe I a) worry I'll overwrite with the wrong update from Daybreak and b) have actually tried and it fails to connect.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Tethys

Last edited by Tethys; 02-15-2021 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: Meant to post an entire message rather than linking to gitbook.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:30 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethys View Post

But I don't have the .bat file I read that I should have. My Titanium cd's didnt have that? Unsure why it's missing. And if I run Everquest.exe I a) worry I'll overwrite with the wrong update from Daybreak and b) have actually tried and it fails to connect.
You are NOT looking for a .bat file in your CLIENT folder. That link above, that I quoted has a section for Client Configuration.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:56 AM
Tethys
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
You are NOT looking for a .bat file in your CLIENT folder. That link above, that I quoted has a section for Client Configuration.

Oh, wow, how'd I miss that!? Thank you, Huppy. That was the only change I was missing. With the shortcut created my local server is up and running.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:57 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Default Unable to connect to server remotely

Greetings to all, another newbie here.

I set up the EQEmu server on a fresh install of Windows 10, on a machine dedicated to the server. It took a little bit of manipulation of the configuration files to get it running, but overall I was amazed at how easy it was.

I can connect to the server with my own client just fine. I get to the server select, I scroll down to my server, and log in. For me, it works perfectly.

The problem is that when I asked my brother to connect, he was not able to. He can see the server in the list, but when he clicks on it to connect, he gets an error 1017. (He can connect to other servers without issues).

I have tweaked my config files, and did a good bit of browsing these forums, but I have been unable to get the server to connect remotely. Before I spend more time searching, does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try? I can paste my config & setup files if I need to.

Thanks very much in advance.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:41 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyyr View Post
Greetings to all....
I got it working. Port forwarding, of course.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:38 PM
Ltrain66
Fire Beetle

I have downloaded, unzipped, and tried reloading the eqemu_install.bat multiple times but it keeps failing with the MySQL portion always getting the error message that reads "[Error: equemu_server.pl] MySql path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue...
Press any key to continue"

Then it exits. Is anyone else having this issue and if so what is the resolution.
Old 12-20-2022, 12:23 PM
rucuss
Fire Beetle

I found eqemu_server.pl but it won't open I can open it in notepad but that does not help. Any ideas? when I click on it nothing happens. I would love to get bot's to work but I'm confused on the install of bot's it is above what I'm able to do so far why can't they included bot's already installed so it doesn't have to be done any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-25-2022, 05:46 AM
Ignite001
Fire Beetle

Trying to setup a private server so that I can play around solo. I used to be able to setup the server on an old laptop (that's now dead), but now I can't set it up on this new Win10 laptop.

When I run the eqemu_install.bat, I get the following error message:

[Update] No connection to the internet, can't check update
[Update] No script update necessary...
[Error: eqemu_server.pl] MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue...

I've already added "C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin" to the Environment Variables "Path"

"mysqld" is also given permission to access both Private and Public Network in the firewall.

Need some godly advice on what else I can try....

EDIT: I've also created a .txt file that's "skip_internet_connection_check.txt" in the same folder as the "eqemu_install.bat" file, but that's not done anything.
Old 02-28-2023, 01:17 PM
Telememore
Fire Beetle

Server working.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:05 AM
Telememore
Fire Beetle

Started getting: [Quest Debug] [lun_debug] [command.lun] key 1 value on
Command #GM on not recognized

After: #GM on

Can any one help please
Reinstalled server and client
Old 09-21-2023, 12:45 AM
Aganos
Fire Beetle

Hey, I used an installer to build a local server for me to test the PEQ tools and learn how to well create stuff. But the installation despite following the guide gives me an error about connecting to the legacy server and world server can't connect due to not having a matching username and password in the database. I'm new to this kind of thing so anything helps.