Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Bumpo
Fire Beetle

I'm wondering what grounds he'd sue on?

Guy (aka Prick): "I need compensation for the hours of torment and agony, as well as my steep psychiatric bill, caused directly by that man, right there!"

*he points*

Judge: "And what exactly did he do?"

Guy *sniffling*: "He didn't let me play his game! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Judge: "..."

Old 11-06-2004, 06:36 PM
mattmeck

actualy its more like

them "hey im an american i have the RIGHT to freedom of speach"

me " he told a 7 year olf to blow him and he was gonna @ss rape him then crap in his mouth, how is that protected under free speach? he also stated he was gonna hack into the server and delete everything, isnt that considered terrorism now a days......"

People dont realize there "freedoms" are only freedoms when they dont interfear with others freedoms......
Old 11-06-2004, 07:06 PM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDown
Reverse engineering is permitted as fair use in copyright law, unless you contracturally agree otherwise. If they sued over reverse engineering, it could only be the EULA that provided for that.
I don't think it is so clear-cut as that. I'm don't know how thoroughly you've read through the DMCA, but it makes a lot of this sort of stuff illegal, or at least questionable (mod chips, Dmitry case, etc.). If something is distributed, to the public especially, aspects of fair use can go out the window.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:40 AM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
actualy its more like

them "hey im an american i have the RIGHT to freedom of speach"

me " he told a 7 year olf to blow him and he was gonna @ss rape him then crap in his mouth, how is that protected under free speach? he also stated he was gonna hack into the server and delete everything, isnt that considered terrorism now a days......"

People dont realize there "freedoms" are only freedoms when they dont interfear with others freedoms......
There is no freedom of speech on a private server. :p