Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:16 PM
jado
Fire Beetle

Default your everquest client has crashed

i log in following the instructions in the newbie guide , get to charachter select with no problems , create a charachter no problem,now when i actually try to enter the world i have a problem,it flashes the picture while it is logging me in, screen goes black and then boom spossed to be in EQ but instead its boom :we have detected that your everquest client may have crashed do you want to send the info....i have checked all my drivers , using direct x 9.0b , i have tried multiple servers always the same thing , i would guess it might have been that patch from the patcher but i have a friend that is playing that downloaded the same patch and he has no problems... i tried dumping my UI files and re downloading them to no avail ... any help would be appreciated ... also i did try the search function , and looked at as many of the numerous posts that popped up as i could without going insane in the last 3 days

btw thanks to ye powers that be that set this up its a great idea
Old 03-11-2004, 02:46 PM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Default I get this too

Sometime, it usually happens with the same char/class/location creations. I think I have resolved the issue by spawning all chars in PoK upon creation. I had NEVER successfully created an iksar in east cab without this error. mst likely spawn locs in DB, but I have got the current cfg files, so /shrug.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:32 PM
jado
Fire Beetle

you can set your own spawn point? i dont run my own server i dont know enough about that kind of stuff to feel like attempting it yet. i have tried spawning in multiple zones by picking other races but that doesnt seem to help either i have tried rivervale,felwithe, and kelethyn
Old 03-13-2004, 12:53 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

There is a way to fix this, but you will need to go to the main page then click files on the left. http://www.eqemulator.net
Download EQEMu 0.5.2. In this release you will find a folder labled config. Just take this whole folder and put it in your EQEMu folder (or wherever your emu is). Now it should look like c:\eqemu\config assuming c:\eqemu is where your server is located... This should take care of SOME of those messages.

What is happening (in most of these cases, of course there are exeptions to everything), is that when loading a certain race/class combo, it is looking for a config file for certain zones, and if it cant find it it will try and use the default. If this default is corrupted then you MAY get this error for EVERYTHING you try and load... Not saying this IS the error, but if you use the method described above you WILL avoid problems that WILL arise from not having them (whether it be now or later it will surface in some way, so just fix it now.. read preventative maintenance)... Hope this helps you out.. .

Another way to test this is to make a different race/class combo and do a #movechar on the one in question, then see if you can log back on with that character.. It COULD be a zone issue.. If you have made some quests, and if the quest script is wrong syntax or somethign like that, for that zone, it will crash the zone and give you this error also... Many things like this can happen... It could be just about anything, but mostly something the server deems as illegal in the zone that will cause it to totally crash.. You might try and look at the output of zone.exe and world.exe when you are getting this error... Sometimes it will tell you exactly what is going on here...

You can do this by doing an alt+enter to make the eq client windowed... Then to release the mouse so you can use it while eq client is running just hit alt+shift+r (might have to do it a couple of times, youll know when you see the mouse move around outside of the window)... Now you can look at the outputs of those programs running and do a copy or screenshot so you can paste them here.

Hope something here helps you...

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-13-2004, 12:56 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

AAAH Jado, I JUST noticed you said you dont run your own server.. Then your answer lies in the #movechar command... If you have that command available to you (youll have to do a #help in game to find out if that command if available to you)... If it is then just make a new char and then while in game type #movechar <name of your other char> <zone you want to move them to> and then should be able to log back on to that char...

If you do NOT have this command you will need to make a new char and contact a GM and let them know, and THEY will do the #movechar command for you....

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-14-2004, 07:15 PM
jado
Fire Beetle

thanks guys all of a sudden it just started working tho *boggle* will do the cfg fix and read the preventitive maintenace and thanks alot for the help and suggestions
Old 03-15-2004, 05:56 PM
azgard
Fire Beetle

Default Having Similar Problems

I am having the exact same pop-up. I also have everything up to date and have tried reinstalling etc. But I get the error non-stop. But the strange thing is it only happens in Oasis of Marr, which is the default spawn point for new characters on the server.

Any idea's on what might be causing this problem?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Dewmtont
Fire Beetle

I as well have this problem and it just recently started happening. Was playing on the test server for about 5 hours sunday, log in today play for about 1 hour then i died and eq crashed.

Log back in then zone back into where i died and them 5min later i crash. Did that about 5 times then i stopped trying for about 3 hours. Then i thought maybe my char was just bugged so i recreate and still crash every 5 min or. ( EQ has detected you client has crashed yada yada). Also have tried restarting my computer as well

Any help is appreciated
Old 03-15-2004, 06:24 PM
kuoles5047
Fire Beetle

same here.

i was playing all day sunday, and now (monday) it wont let me play in teh world. same popup, same black screen.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:49 PM
dcl
Sarnak

I had this same problem for the longest time. I looked into it quite a bit, and it seemed like it wasn't an EQEmu problem, but an EQ problem. There were numerous posts on the EQlive message boards about the same thing. In my case, and in most of the cases I read about, it was happening to people that had Athlon processors and nvidia graphics cards. I eventually gave up trying to fix the problem, and replaced my graphics card with a Radeon. Haven't had a problem since.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:48 AM
azgard
Fire Beetle

Default That isnt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcl
I had this same problem for the longest time. I looked into it quite a bit, and it seemed like it wasn't an EQEmu problem, but an EQ problem. There were numerous posts on the EQlive message boards about the same thing. In my case, and in most of the cases I read about, it was happening to people that had Athlon processors and nvidia graphics cards. I eventually gave up trying to fix the problem, and replaced my graphics card with a Radeon. Haven't had a problem since.
Im almost sure its not a hardware problem. I have switched through several processors and vid cards. And when I originally got the pop-up message, I had a Radeon card in.

So Im stuck here, kinda hard to log in onto a new character and play when the game crashes because of this damn error.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:37 AM
dcl
Sarnak

Well, your problem sounds a little different from some of others. The problem I had was similar to some of the other people in this thread.... would crash almost immediately after logging in... or after only a few minutes of playing. Didn't matter which zone or which character or which server.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:23 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Make sure you are using DX 9.0 or higher...

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Dhaos
Fire Beetle

im thinking this is a serverside issue, it seems to only happen on specific servers when you create specific characters in specific zones.
for example. on one server, i could create a human monk in freeport but an iksar monk from cabilis crashed. On a different server, i could create an iksar monk
Old 03-21-2004, 03:46 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Yeah you are right. Some servers use different DB's and some even have all of their zone coord. set themselves, while others reliy on the ones that came wtih the DB, and some are NOT correct (though most are) and this will definately cause crashes, though I believe it to be something different (at least some of the time).. Check out this thread if you want to see my opnion on what is going on here.... http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13639

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ