Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

I do apologize on delays, but Im a perfectionist in many aspects and I don't want things being released half assed. With all the RL stuff going on right now its hard to put in serious development time and when I do get some time to finally develop it usually gets interrupted by something else. I pay attention to almost every detail possible really, as well as attempt to test as many aspects myself before content is put into production. While bugs are going to happen, I like to minimize how many are actually found.

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 09-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Noticed it was unlocked.

couldn't log in

Ultimate troll

Old 09-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Default Beta Session 3

This weekend I will be running a third beta session. Starting tomorrow morning at 6AM EST until Sunday night 11:59 PM. A more detailed explanation of this beta is included on the forums of my website. Please see the link in my signature. I hope to see you all out there and look forward to hearing about your feedback.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM
zalemander14
Fire Beetle

I demand you open it right meow!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Server is up and running. Already a few players testing the waters. Server will be available until Friday September 20th. No character wipes will happen so everything you gain will stay intact upon official release. There is a special starter pack available for this beta session including some potions and a limited time 200% speed white lion mount. Thanks for helping test out Enlightened Dark: Ascension.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Best server evar.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:02 AM
carpediembr
Fire Beetle

Annd is gone =/
Old 09-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Thanks Wrath.

a week of my life gone.....

Old 01-06-2014, 03:19 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I am going to try and get everything I want into the server by February 19th as this is the 1 year anniversary that I produced the idea for Enlightened Dark: Ascension. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a fun, safe New Year. A lot has happened over the last year with real life including the birth of my first daughter, who is now 18 weeks old, as well as me starting a new job in an actual career. I have been putting little bits of time here and there into the server, producing new ideas, implementing tons of changes, both on the surface and behind the scenes in the source code, as well as creating new development tools to help me produce content into the server at a much faster rate. No matter how many tools I have to help me develop, time is always a factor and unfortunately right now my time is very limited. At the moment there are over 5,000 custom items in the database, 800+ spells, 200+ tasks, 500+ tradeskill recipes, most of which I designed by hand.

From approximately September to December I had a long (both needed and unwanted) break with my daughter being born and the holidays and very, very little, if anything at all, was touched on the server. Things have started back up over the past couple weeks, and I am having a blast producing content and ideas that I hope everyone will enjoy making a return to. Unfortunately I have done the final character wipe as needed with the last tweeks submitted with the help of the last beta testing. The next release will be official and the ascended classes will be available for play as well as a new level cap of 55. I am very anxious to get this project completely off the ground, but once it's in the air I would like to see it remain there and sore higher and higher, rather than crash like a lot of completely custom servers. Be on the look out for Enlightened Dark: Ascension on the server lists within the next 6-8 weeks.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:43 PM
carpediembr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomario View Post
I 500+ tradeskill recipes
I hope they are better than droppable loot.... I always wanted to see tradeskill being superior to bash thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomario View Post
my daughter being born
Congratulations
Old 02-07-2014, 02:08 PM
carpediembr
Fire Beetle

Wrath any chance you could open up for some beta testing? Really love your servers
Old 02-10-2014, 09:57 AM
ajstyles65
Fire Beetle

Is the server owner still alive D:

I have checked this thread every day and no update nor posts from him even checked his forums still nothing i understand being busy n all i am just curious and very much interested in trying this out hope to see an update or the server being up sometime.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

The server is still in the works and nearing release completion. Once released it will continue to stay up while I work on more content. Since this is completely custom and far from live EQ, I want there to be plenty of content upon initial release so people aren't bored after a week or two. Things are continuing to come together very well. I have a couple closed beta testers who are continuing to ensure balance is preserved. You should expect to see an economy (I hope) as there are tons of uses for platinum as well as plenty of things to trade. There are some heavy modifications to the source now as well, so the classes are even more custom at the root. People should enjoy any of the 8 novice classes available and feel a true difference from their character to the next. Things will definitely spread out as the ascended classes and extended classes are introduced. As always the server will be a continued work in progress.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:45 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Hope it's back soon, completely bored with eqemu lately :/
Old 02-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Default Closed beta

Im looking for two maybe three more people to help do some closed beta testing. Please make a post on my websites forums if you wish to apply. Things are looking good for me to have a release hopefully within the next week or two. Looking to get some more feed back on the current setup. Please only apply if you are willing to do some true testing and provide me with reasonable feed back. Do not apply if you just simply want early access. You will be granted privileges to access the server while it is locked, but please be advised it could go down and be down without warning as I continue to make changes and get things ready for release.