Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:56 AM
i1010101
Fire Beetle

Default rule_values questions

Hello. I've been looking through the rule_values entries, and I've got a few questions. Hoping someone can be so kind as to clarify these for me. I should start by stating that I'm using the most recent PEQ database.

I see that Character:RestRegenPercent is set to 0. That would seem to indicate that sitting down and resting doesn't actually increase regen rate using this database's default. Is that correct? And whether or not that is the case, how does increasing this value correlate to what I'll see in-game? Does it stack on top of normal regen (i.e. I set it to 10 and I regen at 110% of normal?) Or maybe 0 uses a "code-default" value and the number here adds on? I'm obviously confused...

I also see that Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate is set to 30000 and the note attached to it indicates that it is a value in seconds. So that's 500 minutes? Worried I'm horribly confused on this.

Related to experience gain, I see that all the values are less than one for those rules. Are these values "live-like"?

In general, I was under the impression that the PEQ database is intended to be as close to live-like as possible. So I guess in the vaguest way of stating it, are ALL the rule_values entries in the PEQ database pretty live-like?

I ask all of this because I've decided to tweak a database for lan play that might be a little more forgiving to those who'll be playing (reduced downtime between fights being a huge consideration as of right now; downtime is not overly fun and it seems like it's longer than I remember from live when I was last on there).

Thanks so much for any responses. I really do appreciate it.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:32 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I believe that in RestRegenTimeToActivate the value means % per tick. So setting this to 10, will heal you 10% per tick.

The RestRegenTimeToActivate is in mili seconds, so 30000 is 30 seconds
Old 03-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
The RestRegenTimeToActivate is in mili seconds, so 30000 is 30 seconds
Looking back through previous posts and the code, I believe Drakelord originally had this in milliseconds when he submitted it, but I changed it to seconds when I comnitted it.

Certainly 434_optional_rest_state_rules.sql has 30 seconds as the default:
Code:
INSERT INTO rule_values VALUES(0,'Character:RestRegenPercent',0);
INSERT INTO rule_values VALUES(0,'Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate',30);
and the default in the code is 30, so this is maybe just a mistake in the PEQ database.

I've not tested it recently, but I am *fairly* sure it is in seconds.

Last edited by Derision; 03-30-2010 at 03:59 PM..
Old 03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
trevius
Developer

Does the PEQ DB not have the notes field in the rules table? The notes fields help a lot and should have answered most of your questions here.

The regen percent is a percentage regen every tick. So, if you want people to gain back 2% of their total health per tick (no matter how many HPs they have), you would set the percentage rule to 2. By setting this rule, you can determine the max amount of time people will need to reset for.

Yes, the time field is in seconds, not milliseconds.

I really don't quite understand all of the experience setting rules, but I would suggest trying it as-is and adjusting as needed.

I am sure some are missing from here now, but here was the original addition of the notes field that I think should make your table a bit easier to understand:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem...lues_notes.sql
Old 03-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Does the PEQ DB not have the notes field in the rules table? The notes fields help a lot and should have answered most of your questions here.
It does and this is the relevant row which caused the OP the confusion:
Code:
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES ('1', 'Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate', '30000', 'Time in seconds for rest state regen to kick in.');
I think the fact that I changed Drakelord's original code is probably how the 30000 got into the PEQ database instead of 30.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:33 PM
i1010101
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the replies. They're greatly appreciated
Old 10-01-2016, 07:05 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Well, this is a very old thread, but the problem is still there. I have the newest server-code and peq database, Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd is 'true'.

If you make a new character, the HP is jumping up and down as described in this thread. I Use the RoF2 Client.

Is there anything other I can tweak beside Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd? It's really annoying. It seems the server calculates less regen then the client.