Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Makaveli
Fire Beetle

Default eqgame.exe crashing

Whenever I attempt to log in i get a eqgame.exe error has occured and it crashes to the desktrop. I installed titanium edition (did not patch to live) and followed the guide on how to connect. Would really appreciate it if someone could answer.

Last edited by Makaveli; 07-27-2006 at 02:30 AM..
Old 07-26-2006, 11:51 PM
chamelean90
Fire Beetle

I get this too,, was ok yesterday morning, stopped working yesterday afternoon i think (GMT). Friend of mine tested and he get's same error.. it's not just you. Will wait for support to pick-up this post and take a look at the login server..
Old 07-27-2006, 08:26 PM
chamelean90
Fire Beetle

Default Fixed

I have worked out what was causing this. My DNS to IP resolution was not updating at www.no-ip.com, this was causing the eqemulator.net to stop responding to my server. As soon as i updated no-ip.info it worked fine. My fault.. will need to watch for this in the future.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:56 AM
askstorm
Fire Beetle

I keep getting the same. It is really starting to annoy me. I will login and get to server and then get a debug note. anyone know how to fix this? You would think by now. Also I keep getting disconnected from my server lately. any fixes to any of these would be nice to hear about. I will post it on my server's forums if you know how to fix it. thanks!
Old 07-28-2006, 05:13 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Okay, if you're being disconnected from your server, this is most likely due to a network problem. I'm pretty sure that even though you're probably doing both the client and the server from the same computer, that it's still sending information over the network and back to you.

First of all, are you connected to a router or do you have a firewall(software or hardware) for your computer/network? If you have a router, enable DMZ on your local IP address (most likely 192.168.1.? or 192.168.0.?). If you have a software firewall, turn them off. If you're using Windows Firewall, add EQ to the list of exceptions. If you're using a combo of all of those, follow the instructions for each one.

That should fix your disconnect problem.

If EQGame is crashing, it should give a reason in the "More Info" section. I'm guessing that the most likely reason that the game would be crashing is probably a Video or Sound Driver. Also, programs will tend to crash if you have overclocked your memory. If you're sure this isn't a video or sound driver and you've built your own computer and/or changed your BIOS settings, set your memory to the safe settings in BIOS and try again.

If none of the above helps ANYTHING, post as much information about your machine and the errors as you can.

EDIT:: Rereading your post, you mention a debug note? Is this a Windows debug note (indicating you have a Microsoft compiler on your system) or is this a debug note in your zone/world windows?

Also, when you get disconnected, does your zone or world crash, or do you just lose connection and have to reconnect?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Ok, I'm having the exact same problem with EQgame.exe crashing at server select and i crash to desktop...

I know it isn't a video or sound driver problem as i haven't changed those recently, likewise i also have tested the suggested memory issue and that's not it either...

But here's the strange part... i was litterally just playing this morning, i logged out a minute to go do something IRL, came back 20mins later and tried to log in and now i get this crash every time.... I have not changed a single thing at all, not even non-emu related stuff. I've tried rebooting my server, rebooting my computer, and rebooting my cable modem all to no avail. This leads me to believe the only plausible issue would have to be with the login server... which seems unlikely, but due to the fact i have litterally changed nothing and it went from working all the time to not working at all ever kind of pushes me in that direction....

And as i rebooted eq to test it again to copy any error message it just now worked so i'm even more confused.... doesn't work for 4 hours straight over 3 dozen tries and now it just does without changing anything again.... /shrug sorry guys i got nothing.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

I used to have this issue, too, I believe.

Believe it or not, I think we had a thread about it about a year ago. Do some searching. It seems it was a small file that I kept having to replace. -thinks-

Can't remember. See if you can find the thread. I'll have posted in it, if that helps you find it.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:16 PM
gatorade
Fire Beetle

im now getting the same problem. after logging in to the server select screen i get the eqgame.exe has encountered a problem box. heres what ive noticed. after putting in my password and hitting enter up pops the server select screen but its frozen. you cant scroll through the server list but the little ticker underneath the servers is not frozen. nothing has changed on my computer cause i was just playing. my friend logged on to his account couldnt get in and then for troubleshooting i /q my eq game, waited for about a minute and tried to log on myself. nope. now im getting the same problem. believe the login server has gone buggy.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:52 AM
chamelean90
Fire Beetle

OK, lets try and find some similarities to fix this. I had his problem a few days ago, as mentioned above mine was caused by using no-ip.info to resolve my IP Address of my server, but no-ip.info wasn't auto-updating, i had to goto www.no-ip.info, delete my old registration and re-create it again using my new IP address.. no-one using minilogin has this problem, so i am still convinced it's IP and name resolution... please ping your server by the name you have used in eqemu_config.xml .. and post your replies.. thanks
Old 07-30-2006, 02:02 AM
sylverwolf
Sarnak

It's hard to tell wether this is a co-incidence or not because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. After several attempts and not getting on, I renamed eqclient.ini so it can be re-created (seemed the most basic and didn't want to spend an hour reconfiguring hotkeys and such) and I was able to get in right away.

Again, it could be just a co-incidence. One time I thought it was because I was using a custom UI so changed to Default and it worked. But that wasn't it because for the most part, I still don't have many probs using a custom.

Last edited by sylverwolf; 07-30-2006 at 10:04 AM..
Old 08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Tmayhem
Fire Beetle

It is IP related. I had the same prob, tried on a different computer and again same prob. I released my IP and picked a new one... it works now.

I have no clue though as to why it would crash because you use the same IP.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Zengez
Hill Giant

For what its worth I've been adding players from RL friends onto my server, and whenever we login, we do so as a mass group... whenever one of us gets this problem we all get this problem.... it randomly stops happening after enough retries to each of us one at a time however, not all at once, but the fact that everyone i can talk to IRL has this problem at eactly teh same time suggests it isn't client side, especially since the people i know are spread all through my region, not concentrated into one neighboorhood or anything...

I wouldn't doubt this 'can' be caused by a clientside issue, but there is definately something that is causing this on the loginserver side.... the half dozen times that this has happened to 5 different people in perfect syncronization suggests it's well beyond the point of a coincidence...

For what it's worth anyways
Old 08-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Aramid
Discordant

This just happened to me as well, where when you got to the server select screen, you would get the eqgame has caused an error and when you clicked OK, you were back at your desktop. Turned out to be a DNS problem for me. I corrected it, but if you can't correct the DNS, try entering in your eqhost.txt file, the ip address instead of eqemulator.net
ie: Host=209.165.244.252:5998
Old 08-19-2006, 05:56 PM
katori
Fire Beetle

I have the same problem and i tried basicly everything up there and still won't work, still got a debug window out when i was in the server list screen. Does it anybody still have the same problem like i do?
Old 08-19-2006, 05:58 PM
katori
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramid
try entering in your eqhost.txt file, the ip address instead of eqemulator.net
ie: Host=209.165.244.252:5998
But i am trying to connect to eqemulator.net tho, replacing it with "the" ip address will connect to somewhere else?