Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:57 PM
tigurius
Fire Beetle

Default Selfish Cleric Bot

I made a cleric bot to duo with that I was hoping to have act like a Healer merc on live. Buffs and heals out of combat are no problem however, when in combat, the cleric will cast stupid damage spells against the mob and waste mana (even on low stances). When mana runs out, it just stands there kind of freaking out with this rapid bounce movement until combat is over, then it may heal me if it has enough mana to do so. If it gets attacked in combat on some of the higher bot stances (4 or 5) it will heal itself just fine. I also noticed it did not heal me while I was FD in combat.

Am I using the stances correctly? I've tried all of them, and I don't seem to find one where the cleric will act like a cleric and just sit and med and heal me when needed. Any tips or ideas? Or maybe its not that far yet?
Old 04-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Uleat
Developer

I think I've seen code that will prevent casting on a client (player) when FD..so, that's probably expected behavior.

There are all sorts of issues with the actual bot spell ai code and, hopefully, they will be sorted out in time.

If you have the newest code, you could try making a heal rotation and add yourself as the target.

The (reactive) heal rotation supplements the bot's ai spell code and it may or may not help. (I'm still trying to get real world feedback so adjustments can be made.)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-13-2016, 06:27 PM
tigurius
Fire Beetle

Thanks. Yes- i did a build today and added the new bot sql. I'll give the rotation healer bit a try and report back.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:44 PM
tigurius
Fire Beetle

So spent some more time with the cleric bot.

With healer rotation enabled, it does attempt to heal me, although with only complete heal and as soon as I reach 95%. I noticed that ^healrotationlist it shows the base hp limits for different armor classes. I would like to modify these- is that done by command or settings on a table? Can I also choose what spells it uses at these levels? (that would be perfect!)

Otherwise some weird stuff has happened to note but is probably up to AI WIP:
- I FD at a mob and the cleric followed the mob away. Mob cons threatening but didn't attack the bot (i'm guessing bots can't be aggroed?)
- I got a CH while FD after I was out of combat. (aka pet died, mob walked away, then I got the CH)
- Cleric bot spams 'Celestial Health' on me while I'm resting between fights.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:37 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigurius View Post
So spent some more time with the cleric bot.

With healer rotation enabled, it does attempt to heal me, although with only complete heal and as soon as I reach 95%. I noticed that ^healrotationlist it shows the base hp limits for different armor classes. I would like to modify these- is that done by command or settings on a table? Can I also choose what spells it uses at these levels? (that would be perfect!)
You can modify those ranges with the following commands:

^hrcrit 0 65 (This will set the default value to 65%)
0 is for default, this is the Target defined in the Heal Rotation (^healrotationsettarget <this guy>)
1 -4 are for the armor classes (1 Cloth, 2 Leather, 3 Chain, 4 Plate)

^hrsafe 0 95 (This will se the default value to 95%)

When you hit the Crit threshold, Fast Healing will kick in (if you have it turned on), Anything about the Safe value and the Bot will ignore you.

Note sure about modifying spells cast. They seem to can't the best they can given the level they are. There might be a table in the database to tweak this, but I pretty much run them as-is right at the moment.

Hope that helps a little. Uleat updated the Wiki for the Bot Heal Rotation pretty recently. Should be able to guide you through some of the other commands.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Heal_Ro...--Bot_Commands
Old 04-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Uleat
Developer

Just for note..

Armor Types 1-4 are only weighted if you have used ^hradaptive on.

There are some sorting criteria in adaptive healing that use base - and non-adaptive healing only uses Base - .. but, most of the weighting is done
with Armor Type in this option.

If you want to experiment with Armor Type tweaking, use ^hrcrit n -, ^hrcrit n +, ^hrsafe n - and ^hrsafe n + - where 'n' is the Armor Type.
This will adjust the current value +/- 5 percent from its current value, up or down, to the absolute value (min: 0%, max: 100%)

I will eventually look at the actual bot code for determining which spells to use.

I noticed that 'Fast Heals' at level 65 was reporting no usable spells..but, I did a manual search in the database and found 4.

I think that spells are determined by npcid..and there should be a table of spells that can be used by each npcid.

I made the bot command spells load dynamically from the in-memory spell list..I'll have to see what can be done with heal rotation spells.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 04-14-2016 at 05:16 PM..
Old 04-16-2016, 08:01 PM
tigurius
Fire Beetle

Yea, thanks a bunch. Been playing with the bots and its brought new life to this for me. Much more fun than multi-boxing. They are really coming along well! Full groups seem to work much better than duos. I'll be sure to give these commands a try.