Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Default OK i got it working and all but, 1017

When i click on forever hacking and click the play EQ button, it sasy

Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the update patch. Repeatedly seeing this meessage indicates a loss of connectibity to the patch server. This is usually temporary.

What should I do?
Old 02-16-2003, 07:38 AM
Tugurce
Hill Giant

Did you download the new EQemu Patcher?
Old 02-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

YEs I did, when ever I run it, it has all these file names in red, and says they are missing. But at the end it says "All ok to for EQemu".

So I start to play EQemu in EQW, and It happens again, now what?
Old 02-16-2003, 09:36 AM
Tugurce
Hill Giant

oh, it looks like you are running the patcher from the "Patcher" folder in your eq folder. Take those files and copy them to the EQ root folder (the one with eqgame.exe), and run it from there. I accidentally did the same thing when I installed mine .
Old 02-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

OK cool, i think i know what you are telling me what to do, but I am a bit comp illiterate. I see different patch folders, kpatch lpatch all different patches, which one do i chose?

Also what do you mean "copy" them? Do i drag em all from one to the other. or do i go into the folder and like make a box over them and right click and hit copy, then go into the eqgame folder and right click and hit paste?

(As you can see I dont know much about comps, sry)