Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-16-2004, 03:30 PM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

lmfao, agree.

even tho i never got passed the second level where your outside and its like raining or something.. that was the SHIT. remember climbing up the stairs and that big blue minotuar guy with the whip.. lol ubarleet
Old 11-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Killerlol
Fire Beetle

I think, we all have the right to our opinions, new blood or not. I do think the expansions past luclin were well....they didn't have the Everquest feel. I thought the whole thing about end game raiders being the only "end game" players was well, ackward to say the least. Yes, classic Everquest had raiding, yet the gap was not so large that it meant you had say, 5K as a tank to, 9k with PoP. Everquest just didn't have the same feel when the orginal team left. The game got dry to me fast past PoP. You do one raid, you do them all it seems with a few exceptions. Say adds spawn or a different ammount of AEs but in the end it got bland. Welcome to Everzerg!
Old 11-17-2004, 05:48 PM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

so.. what are we gonna gonna do about it killer? bitch on forums the rest of our life?
Old 11-18-2004, 03:30 AM
Slayden
Hill Giant

Default ...

Quote:
Yes, classic Everquest had raiding, yet the gap was not so large that it meant you had say, 5K as a tank to, 9k with PoP.

*Classic* EverQuest is most often refered to as the original, before any expansions. Tanks with the best gear (including the first two original planes, hate & fear) pushed 2.5k max.

Kunark, 4k max
Velious, 5k max
Luclin, I'm not entirely sure, 6.5k max?
PoP, 10k max
all unbuffed.

I'm not trying to flame or anything, I'm just posting this out of pure boredom...
:( [/quote]
Old 11-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Killerlol
Fire Beetle

Quote:
so.. what are we gonna gonna do about it killer? bitch on forums the rest of our life?
You can say that, but as Slayden wrote, it is somewhat the same for me.
Quote:
I'm just posting this out of pure boredom...
Old 11-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Make a server ^.^
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Slayden
Hill Giant

Default ..

Quote:
Make a server ^.^

Cisyouc read the posts

Quote:
I've made plans to do one myself, like i should instead of sitting here wishing, but when i can't even program this damn vcr in my room that keeps flashing 12am, how can i even hope program a server =P heh
ADHD?

[/quote]
Old 11-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Default Re: ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayden
Quote:
Make a server ^.^

Cisyouc read the posts

Quote:
I've made plans to do one myself, like i should instead of sitting here wishing, but when i can't even program this damn vcr in my room that keeps flashing 12am, how can i even hope program a server =P heh
ADHD?
With all the tutorials its a piece of cake really to run a server, you just have to get a dedicated host or else it will most probably be really laggy for others.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:15 AM
Slayden
Hill Giant

Default ..

Quote:
With all the tutorials its a piece of cake really to run a server, you just have to get a dedicated host or else it will most probably be really laggy for others.

I dunno, my programing, I believe, is equivilent as to that of a monkey, repididly beating on a keyboard.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Richardo
Banned

just to state, me being a graphic artist myself.. just so you guys know...... eh, World of Warcraft, the graphics was created TO look like warcraft 3 and below, they were keeping their originality, and if you think about it, graphics dont mean anything if the game is fun. Whats better, a game that has awesome graphics and game itself sucks, or a game thats awesome with bad graphics.. It does'nt make sense to critise a game on its graphics whenever the game is accually a good game. And warcraft's graphics arnt even bad, its just their style is different from what you want.

World of Warcraft's graphics are meant to keep a (detailed) painted feeling to it, while maintaining its relism. It has a cartoonish look because if you have noticed, all Warcraft games had this look, and there is no compairison to WoWarcraft to Eq2 because they are completely different styles of 3d texturing and modeling. In my opinion, WoWarcraft is better graphic wise because they did a good job at their style. Look at eq2, they use SGI and they all look like plastic barbie dolls. Sony could have done better.... And if you ask me, WoWarcraft is 50x more stable than eq2, game wise.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:38 AM
KhaN
Dragon

When you speak about graphics, you have to consider two things :
- Graphic quality, in term of technicity (EQ2)
- Graphic quality, in term of identification (WoW)
Nowdays, its easy to make a game using the latest graphic technics, but its always way harder to give a visual identity to your game, and few games made it. For me, WoW is one of them.

Old 11-20-2004, 08:19 AM
Xorith
Sarnak

Graphics mean nothing. My favorite type of game is the good ol' MUD. Graphics are just a bonus.

Asheron's Call 2... Good graphics. Sucky game play.
&lt;insert well-designed MUD here> ... No graphics, fun for hours and hours and hours.