Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Tovahna
Fire Beetle

Unhappy newbie quests

I scanned the forums and couldn't find anything that covered this so here's my question...

Is there a server like project1999 or the other legendary server, where a new player can actually do the newbie armor quests? the classic one has no starter armor at all and the other one has "noob" quests that give really bad and pretty much pointless rewards.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

mmm I maybe wrong, but I think PEQ (the grand creation) should have those if you looking for Vanila EQ.

Otherwise - come join the Hidden Forest =)
Old 03-29-2010, 06:07 PM
trevius
Developer

If you are looking for quests that have better rewards for newbie quests than what you might find on EQLive, then maybe trying some of the Custom servers would be a good choice for you.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Tovahna
Fire Beetle

Default actually....

i'm looking for a server that has the original beginner armor quests. PEQ has "noob armor" quest that give earrings or shoulderpads with +1 to a stat. And i've played hidden forest, it's fun but i'd like to be able to work up to the epic armor/weapons, rather than purchase them
Old 03-29-2010, 08:11 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

well THF has PoH armor on vendor cause it jump starts you the first 20 levels or so. But there are other things to find/quest for. You may also consider the Alternative Progression for true questing environment. Its incomplete, but new tier will be added shortly.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The noob armor quests on PEQ ARE the original ones. You have to go to your hometown to start them of course... I suspect you are collecting armor in tutorial, which obviously aren't the same ones :P
Old 03-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Tovahna
Fire Beetle

tried the alternate advancement in THF as a halfling druid and it dropped me in the middle of paineel O.o As for PEQ's newbie armor starter quests, everytime I try to get the quests the NPC just jumps in place and doesn't respond.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:58 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovahna View Post
tried the alternate advancement in THF as a halfling druid and it dropped me in the middle of paineel O.o As for PEQ's newbie armor starter quests, everytime I try to get the quests the NPC just jumps in place and doesn't respond.
when you say it droped you- do you mean your client crashed? Did you had our spell file downloaded?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovahna View Post
As for PEQ's newbie armor starter quests, everytime I try to get the quests the NPC just jumps in place and doesn't respond.
Which NPC? If there is a bug with a quest, please post on the PEQ forums http://projecteq.net/phpBB2/ That's the sole reason we exist. Bug reports aren't just for our server, it helps anybody who uses our database.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Scarcasm
Fire Beetle

Hey Tov

When you say

"Original beginner armor quests" Do you mean the ones they introduced in around Luclin time? (Everyone got them bar the Iksar type ones)?

These > http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...hp?article=q32