Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:55 AM
dfusion111
Fire Beetle

Default Cannot update server info

I wanted to update my server info description, went into world server accounts, and added some new info, but every time I click update server info a pop up comes up saying "a server with that name already exists, choose another"? I'm not trying to make a new server, simply update the info for it, but I can't bc of this. Tried both firefox and chrome and same thing... Can anyone else update their server description info or is this only happening for me? Any ideas or is it a problem on the webpage itself?
Old 09-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfusion111 View Post
I wanted to update my server info description, went into world server accounts, and added some new info, but every time I click update server info a pop up comes up saying "a server with that name already exists, choose another"? I'm not trying to make a new server, simply update the info for it, but I can't bc of this. Tried both firefox and chrome and same thing... Can anyone else update their server description info or is this only happening for me? Any ideas or is it a problem on the webpage itself?
I've temporarily took ownership of your worldserver to reproduce the issue and figure out what the problem is.

I've been able to reproduce it, just give me a moment.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

This is fixed.

You were running into a scenario where there was another server with the same name (As it says) but this is a condition that can no longer be presented with the current worldserver management system. Since this happened before the modern system you have a rare occurrence where someone else also has your name.

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...o&worldid=1568

I've adjusted the name and added ownership back to yourself, you should be good to go.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:54 PM
dfusion111
Fire Beetle

Great, it is working now. Thanks!