Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:22 PM
nikkisman
Fire Beetle

Default question about npc's and spawning them

i posted this in the georges part of the forum and havent gotten a reply so idecided to post it here.........i was wondering if it is possible to spawn any creature in any zone.......i tried spawning a thought horror into nektulos after i created it and it came up with the right name and level but the texture was wrong.....it was just a human texture......anyone know a way to get this to work right or am i stuck spawning creatures that are native to each zone?
Old 01-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

It is possible to do it in any zone but you need to have the client (Your game files) pull that model as global.

This thread explains some of that: Click here

Also this is what you would need to insert into your Globalload.txt inside of your resources folder to achieve this affect:

Code:
1,0,TFFF,thedeep_chr,Loading Characters
That's going to tell your client to load the specific models that are demanded from that zone, but if you are going to have players on this server you are experimenting on, they'll need the same kind of files.

You can also make all models global but it will seriously have a killer impact on how long it takes to load initially and use a ton of more resources, so if you know what models you want to use for content development and you develope that file for the common uses you can do that.

Otherwise there are .txt files for loading zone by zone which is a little more complicated but I know how to do and would be able to tell you. But it will load those models zone by zone instead of all globally initially. An example of a file extension of that would be thedeep_chr.txt even though that file doesn't exist for that zone typically.

I hope that answer's your questions and that this is used to answer other peoples questions.