Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:26 PM
jshows1
Sarnak

Default Content Question

I just downloaded and installed Akkadius' install pack and it worked great (thank you for your efforts, Akkadius!).

I just have a question about the content for each expansion. I'm assuming tons of work has been put into the early expansions over the years to ensure that the content (mobs, items, zone population, etc) are pretty accurate.

My question is this: Which expansion does this accuracy go up to? And are there anythings I need to be aware of that I may need to manually adjust if I want to make a classic server through PoP as close to what it was back then?

Thanks!

EDIT: To be fair, I realize that the work done on the database is in relation to accuracy by today's standards. I realize I will have to go back and edit the database to get a "classic-like" feel (impossible to be strtictly classic).
Old 03-06-2017, 12:04 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Technically, content is only up to GoD, but not to be interpreted as "accurate" or "perfect" The PEQ Team is currently
working on OoW, but anything from classic up to GoD can use some TLC to make it more closer to accurate, based
on your own preferences, that is.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:06 AM
jshows1
Sarnak

Fair enough! How are the LDON mechanics? Is this expansion viable? Curious since it's content is vastly different from anything before it, obviously.

And thanks for the response!
Old 03-06-2017, 12:13 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

The group adventures are working for me. The raid adventures are not. (so far), Not sure if anyone else has them working.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:16 AM
jshows1
Sarnak

Sounds good. Thanks for the info, Grumpy! I don't have any visions of grandeur of getting a pure classic server going as I don't have near enough time to do all the work that is required.

A buddy of mine and I have a database that we started working on a couple of years ago. We're getting back into it. If I can get it close to a classic feel (no defiant, disable new quests, items, etc) then I'll be happy with that.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:23 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

I get that totally. I am headed in the same direction with mine. But not so much just an era but a specific date and content that existed.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:49 AM
Random Gamer
Fire Beetle

How trying to do the group adventure, but it doesn't seem to work, is there a setting?