Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:08 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Default Stat food/drink still not working on titanium?

EDIT: Never mind it is working already! Nice work coders! Just the inventory stat screen doesn't always display it and #showstats command doesn't seem to update sometimes unless you log out and back on.

Mabye Grumpy can spin up some magic on this longstanding problem too. Stat food/drink doesn't seem to work with titanium client. What makes me think it could be a rule_values problem in the database is that along with the stats not working also the rate of use doesn't seem to be working either. None of the adjustments for food/drink in the database seem to work at all for titanium client. Any ideas on possible fixes? (or if anyone has solved it on their private server wants to share?)
Old 03-25-2017, 04:49 PM
ghanja
Dragon

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26840
Old 03-25-2017, 11:48 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
I feel famous now I was actually in that thread lol. I did what they said and it doesn't work at least with titanium.

I did get the food eating speed changes to work, looks like consumption multiplier needs to be lowered to speed eating. Also the other changable thing bieng how "refreshing" food is the rule set was 10 and needed to be 1 (for titanium) and now it works.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:23 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Hmm I think "EQEmu" references don't work with titanium. Eqemu_default ruleset doesn't work only default does. So seeing as how the current live fix for stat food and drink (seen in the above referenced thread) is an Eqemu reference now it probably won't work with titanium so I'll see if I can fix it.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:07 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Ahh never mind! It is working with titanium! Great job all! Turns out that the inventory screen stats don't always update correctly from food and #showstats requires a camp out and back in to update sometimes.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:32 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I always thought that stat food was stupid idea. Consider the idiocy of implementation - you get the bonus from food NOT after eating it, but while it sits in your inventory. How stupid is that? SOE could never anything right 100%. Not even 75%.
In my days on LIVE, NO ONE carried more than 1 stat food/drink, because WHY? Why buy expensive stat food, when you can force feed yourself 20 Iron Rations at 1 silver each and still get stat bonus from inventory slot.

Last edited by Uleat; 03-26-2017 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: evidently this is still live-like behavior
Old 03-26-2017, 03:32 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Decided to revisit this after all, as I was toying around with things a bit more. And in doing so, unless I'm reading the code incorrectly. It is iterating through the inventory slots, the first qualifying ItemTypeDrink (Drink) and ItemTypeFood (Food) it comes across are the ones used to add stats. And until I dig more, I cannot see why it's behaving any differently.

Quote:
I don't know why everyone assumes I can't compile binaries, I can and have.
I never assumed as such. I simply stated, you should consider compiling your own binaries (as in, you are not, for whatever the reason I don't care, it's your business), though if you were, you probably would have changed things to behave till your heart's content.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:41 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Wow thanks I really appreciate it! Thats an awesome idea. Because now the stat food can be anywhere in your inventory to work (don't even have to force feed yourself). To make it even better maybe we should do only the first inventory slot because it would be easy to have a stack of 20 ahead of the stat food so you never eat the stat food. EDIT: mabye that is already done and you were referring to drink as the second slot. If so; awesome!

I don't know why everyone assumes I can't compile binaries, I can and have. We just have to see if my visual studio doesn't throw errors since it has been several months since I have tried.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:53 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Darn was the code not working? I didn't get a chance to copy it was away from my computer. Compiling binaries is much easier than becoming an expert c++ coder who can change the game at will . Right now I am at the stage of learning the language where I can usually read it and understand what it is doing (most of the time) but when it comes to writing code I have to find something similar to what I want and modify it slightly to achieve something else. I can't write anything complex by myself.

But ya that seems like the perfect fix, only look at the first food and first drink when calculating added stats. Hopefully that gets working for you and I will also ask my contacts if they can help with it.