Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:34 PM
jshows1
Sarnak

Default Mobs undertuned?

We have our server up and running (still fine tuning, and will be for months). But we've noticed something odd. My friend and I each made a toon and each had 2 bots, so a full 6 man group.

It seems either the mobs are undertuned or bots may be too strong? Have you guys noticed this? If so, what is the issue and how did you guys correct it on your server?

As an example, a full group of level 11s was able to go to the top floor of Unrest and take out the mobs (festering hag, etc) with little problem. That's a level 30 mob. That would never happen on live. So is the issue with the mobs resists? Or the bots being too strong with the current database?
Old 03-15-2017, 05:43 PM
Uleat
Developer

Probably bots being too strong..especially if you go with any defiant gear.

There have been a ton of changes in the last year throughout the entire system..so, anything is possible.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-15-2017, 06:32 PM
jshows1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Probably bots being too strong..especially if you go with any defiant gear.

There have been a ton of changes in the last year throughout the entire system..so, anything is possible.
Thanks Uleat. We didn't have any defiant gear. This was just plain bots and our toons had some rawhide gear on. That was it. It just seemed odd that we were able to hit level 30 mobs with melee and spells for full damage. It could be that the bots are just really strong right now.

I appreciate the info.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Uleat
Developer

I am slowing going through bot systems (as I learn them) and making changes where critical.

I don't plan on this being a rewrite..but, some things do need to be changed/updated.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-16-2017, 02:25 AM
jshows1
Sarnak

yeah no worries! The bots seem to work very well. You did an excellent job with them in the state they are in.

The issue may not even be with the bots. Who knows. I may try to do more testing tomorrow. Make a caster (GM so I can get to the Festering hag without issues) and try to nuke the mob while I'm way lower level. Theoretically, if the stats are comparable to live, than the spell should get resisted. If it doesn't, or I'm able to still do tons of damage even if I'm 15 levels lower than the mob, then I'll know that the issue is with the mobs in my DB!
Old 03-16-2017, 02:29 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

So I have a few changes for you that may help "Even" your experience out until the bots are more fine tuned. So change your bots from buff spells casting to group by default to single target cast. And change your bots mana regen for 3 to 5 or 6 so its slower and matches a players regen. You can find those changes in the rules tab in your DB At that low of a level I notice that bots regen mana really fast so they dont run out in combat. Just a suggestion thow =)