Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:21 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
and with these things, i am leaving the thread. There is no problem, was never a problem.
ditto ! ......
Old 03-25-2017, 08:26 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
Firstly this is a PROBLEM with the peq database you can't argue with that.
There are plenty of problems with the database, plenty of problems with the source. But unless you are part of the solution, you are not doing anything but complain. If you want to help, go to PEQTGC and make recommendations for alterations. I have done it, others have too. The database is a starting place where hundreds of thousands of hours have been put into. In fact all of this is a starting place, we have all had to fix quest, npc's, source, etc to get our stuff going.

Now am I leaving the thread, maybe the forum for a few more months.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:40 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Nersterglier's mind might just explode if you told him about #rules store. Just LOOK at all that awesome stuff that gets added, how dare it be hidden and require poking around to find. /s

Maybe spend some time digging Nost - there's a lot more hidden under the hood than your all-in-one repack that's designed for simple install&play tells you. Who woulda thought?
Old 03-25-2017, 10:14 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
I have compiled my own server code many times and built my own server from scratch many times and even made edits to my server code and I still never knew this because no I didn't randomly spend lots of time inside 1 out of hundreds of server code files...
You remind me a lot of MarcusD. You two would of been a great dev team together. Unfortunately, he left abruptly, just shortly before you joined the forums.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:20 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast View Post
You remind me a lot of MarcusD. You two would of been a great dev team together. Unfortunately, he left abruptly, just shortly before you joined the forums.
They're already working with MarcusD.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:22 PM
Uleat
Developer

You say from 'Under a rock' .. you must see a lot from there

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-25-2017, 10:44 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

It's too dark to see much, but once in awhile the hairs in my nose start quivering :P
Old 03-25-2017, 10:52 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Ok guys lets not beat on the new guy. It is not obviously clear to everyone that PEQ DB and EMU server code are different things developed by 2 different teams.
And yes there were instances in the past when some devs were adding things to server code and NOT mentioned it to anyone, other than entry in change log like "Added X" with 0 explanation what X is or how to work with it. I have brought up this issue like 7 years ago begging some of the devs to spend like extra 30 sec and add a description on HOW to work with the new awesome thing they just put into server code.

Back when I joined in 2007 wiki was a total MESS - it was basically random dump of articles half of which were horribly outdated. It wasn't until the new leadership under Akkadius that you could actually find something in wiki without reading dozens and dozens of useless pages. EVERYTHING should be well documented so the next guy who joins in (or returns from long absence) doesn't need to spend 6 months digging in just to find how to set a simple rule.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:42 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Thanks Chaos. I'm just trying to be captain obvious here and point things out. Most of us here are spending most of our time working with the database so if there is an issue there we want to share or get help with it here. And I am helping, I post everything I figure out either here or on my blog or both and like I have said I will release my database and source the minute my server goes live, and it will be 100% compatible with the current akka repacks so it is guaranteed to help someone.