Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-20-2003, 11:35 AM
IARufus
Fire Beetle

Default Various Problems with playing and running a server

Ill start with the playing problems

1. i followed the eqemulator.net guide to playing on a servr but i get a you are using the wrong version please use the patch to update

2. i followed various posts to see if i can solve this problem ( i tryed the post thats stickyed at the top of general support ), and when i did that it said cannot connect to everquest servers please try again in a moment.

3. was wondering what do i have EQ windows open EQ with? eqgane.exe , everquest.exe , testeverquest.exe ??

4. tryed the suggestion of making a .bat file instead of EQ windows , sadly it failed.

Running a server problems

1. i get various errors when i try to GRANT myself i tryed almost every way the boards have posted. can somone please post the correct way to fix this?

i dont mean to complain but ive spent 3 days trying to get the server up, just really wanna try this thing out :P :lol:

if anyone can andswer any of these questions the please please heelp me with my problem(s)
Old 08-20-2003, 11:47 AM
mattmeck

Well the Login server have been having problem so once ya got the part where you couldnt connect you were probably good to go, now the question is are you trying for 4.4 or 5.?

As for running a server, 4.4 or 5. if your not patched from Dec you CANT run a server right now, and the grant command....just search there isnt a single way to fix it, different things work for different people and all ways are explained in these forums. Would also need to know what OS are you running, which versoin are your trying for? What DB did you DL? Did you follow the walkthrough? If yes which walkthrough(s) did you follow. You asked a lot of questions but didnt give much info.