Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Default Mobs disappear on flee

Anyone else seeing this issue? When you beat a mob down to the point where it begins to flee, it disappears. I can still hit it but it looks like it drops under the world and once it is dead I cannot find it to loot it. This is happening in all the zones I have tested. I use Akka's NPC scaler and have put in the special ability of 21,1 to prevent fleeing. This keeps the disappearing form happening but when the mob respawns, it is not getting scaled again and will disappear when it begins to flee once more. I pulled the source on 8/18 and compiled. This was not happening before the source pull but my last compile before that was probably at least 4 months ago.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:05 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

I am seeing this and a few more general pathing issues, presumably as a result of moving over to navmeshing since I last set up a sever.

I am not sure there are any settings with regard to this that you can easily play with at the moment.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:32 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Akkadius made some updates to flee/fear code. So I would recommend updating and checking again.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:31 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Yeah this is fixed as of last night, so you will have to pull new code
Old 09-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Will try it again. I pulled at about 2am EST. I will look to see if I pulled the code too early. Thanks Akka.

Just pulled and recompiled. The issue is still occurring. I have run eqemu_server and checked for updates but it reports I am up to date. Is there anything else I need to run or modify for the navmesh to work properly?
Old 09-03-2018, 09:52 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

One thing to make sure is that the following two rules are enabled which honestly there should be no reason for them to be disabled

Code:
Pathing:Fear
Combat:EnableFearPathing
Flee and fear work off of the same logic and it all binds to navmesh. Make sure that you followed the recent instructions in the changelog to make sure you have all of the latest maps and navs and it should work just fine. I did extensive testing with it last night and it was all working smoothly. If you still have issues beyond that we can certainly do more digging
Old 09-03-2018, 10:01 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Thanks Akka. I found this post by Grumpy:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...hlight=navmesh

I had not updated the maps folder. I ran the perl eqemu_server.pl maps command and updated the maps folder. This did fix the issue after the fresh compile. Mobs are no longer falling through the world on flee.

I appreciate the help everyone.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Glad to hear! Enjoy navmesh, its pretty slick

One thing that we have left on the hitlist is to smooth out movement updates but that is pretty small in comparison to the rest of the work that has gone into navmesh
Old 09-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

You guys do killer work. I really appreciate all the effort you and the other devs put in to this project.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:52 PM
Tpperry
Fire Beetle

Default How to update?

I just installed the server the other day, how do I update it to fix the pathing bug? I ran the Check_DB_UPDate Command but my mobs are dissappearing as well.

Thanks,

Sig
Old 07-10-2022, 05:04 PM
Tpperry
Fire Beetle

How do I pull the new code? I tried updating database and ran eqemuserver script, but mobs still disappearing. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2022, 01:45 PM
Tpperry
Fire Beetle

It just gets stuck on downloading new maps.. no help?
Old 07-19-2022, 12:13 AM
lymontyme
Sarnak

That particular step can take a long time, depending on your download speed. How long did you let it run for?