Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:35 AM
heelthis
Fire Beetle

Default Server specs?

Hello all,

A couple friends and I are kicking around the idea of starting our own EQ server. My main question is, what kind of server specs would I need to run EQ for 50 people? We plan on using a 3rd party for the server and we don't know what type of hardware we should be going for.

Thank you for any input you guys can provide,

-Heel
Old 06-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

I'm probably not the best person to answer this, but, my server has gotten up to ~45-50ish toons a couple times and I didn't notice any lag what-so-ever.

My Specs:

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
24GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz
500GB HDD, 7200 RPM
Intel Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz CPU
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Mobo
EVGA GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 x 16 GPU

Nothing special, could build it for probably ~$500 now not counting peripherals.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

My server computer isn't the best stats in the world, but it works fantastically, 90+ people. (I stress tested my main computer with 90 clients, shit was intense), and according to the data it was using about 50% of it's resources, when I pulled a ton I think I jumped to 70-80... But my stats are worst off then Esidor's =P. Should upgrade that machine... Lol.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Trubles
Sarnak

I'm running dual xeon 3.4ghz 24gb of ram on SSDs.

When I originally stress tested I used 50 VMs in the cloud (all different IPs/hosts) and had them all connect at once using private loginserver.

Saw probably 25% cpu and 15% ram, with 130 static zones, with each character running a MQ macro to run around, while I was pulling sseru with 10 clients in the zone.

Fluxuated maybe 10%?