Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

kantan,

thanks for your feedback.. some of these things i can fix and some are on the list to fix already

please visit our beta website located at http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.com for server specific feedback or suggestions.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Operu
Fire Beetle

Count me in. I just Got EQ Emu working, and I'll be creating a character as soon as the server is back up (keeps kicking me to login screen).

Thanks for making this server. It is exactly what my miserable soul needs to remember the glory days!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:48 AM
Gandelor
Fire Beetle

Will characters during beta be deleted at launch?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Will characters during beta be deleted at launch?
affirmative!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Z.Wylde
Sarnak

i would love to play, but default exp rate is too much for me... with only a handful of players to group with i think exp should be adjusted accordingly... eqclassic live had a balanced exp rate because of the thousands of players on each server...
Old 02-17-2009, 03:17 PM
porigromus
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.Wylde View Post
i would love to play, but default exp rate is too much for me... with only a handful of players to group with i think exp should be adjusted accordingly... eqclassic live had a balanced exp rate because of the thousands of players on each server...
That would only increase the speed of the issue of not having players to group with at all levels. Then it would become only a race to the top. I think a better way to deal with this is add the emu bot system in a discrete tasteful manner to where people can hire a bot in towns (classic models/races/classes of course) to help fill in the gaps for times when you can't find someone your level.

I know it isn't classic to have bots but I don't think it would be intrusive if done tastefully.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:37 AM
kantan
Fire Beetle

Once we go live I plan on making 2 characters. One I will use for soloing. The second I plan on using in gorups.

I will be using our boards to premake groups for a set time and place. I think this will help a lot until we can get the community built up.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Tantalar
Sarnak

The server has not even "gone live" yet since it is still in beta. If you you build it they will come. I am curious to see how many people will play once it is released. I think it would be a good idea to have a sign up so we can get an idea how how many active players there will be.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:27 PM
spott3dblanks
Fire Beetle

Here's a question. Do you use all the old models for cities and such? I loved the old freeport.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

not sure what a new freeport looks like, but this is the one i remember and use

Old 02-20-2009, 04:29 AM
nilart
Fire Beetle

Few questions if you don't bother answering me

1.- As i suppose you are the same guys that started this project long ago, is the whole team still involved or did you miss most of it with the "incident"? :P

2.- What hardware/connection are you using to host the server?

3.- You said it was going to be proggresive till velius. May i ask how long will it take to get to the next step aproximately?

4.- A friend of mine registered for the old project received a curious email about it. Although the old site closed, are you planning to, in any manner, notify all these members about this project? As someone here already said, the most important part of a classic eq is the community and that project had a big one (community heheh)

Guess that's all. We are a bunch of friends playing on TZ/VZ right now but may give it a try.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Xzerion19
Fire Beetle

We are a totally different group than the project you are referring to. We started about 6 months ago.

The other two questions Nilbog needs to answer. I've played on ALOT of classic type emu's but they are always missing the fine details that make it stick out like a sore thumb as far as it not being classic. There is no stone left unturned on this server, come by and take a look, if you want classic I dont think you will be dissapointed.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:39 AM
nilbog
Hill Giant

nilart

1. you are referring to a different group of individuals

2. currently a dual core w/ 4 gigs of ram.. that is all subject to change, since this is just my home pc

3. progression will be based on players participation! cannot say for sure, as that will be determined by when the gods/targets are downed. (list not yet made)

4. i have not emailed anyone, different project I do believe.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:32 PM
HellzKnight
Fire Beetle

Logged in for the first time today I will be checking more into it. wow the old character models bring back memories. p2ped for 3 years at least. bought all the way up to SoL. funny thing my original guild was SoE (Shadows of Emptiness) before sony online entertainment was formed. When they did that they took my guild away so I quit.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:04 AM
kantan
Fire Beetle

Come and check the boards and you guys can see the things that are being fixed. You can also see what items are un-fixable because of the emu. (Minor stuff)