Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Packetcollector

Support::Packetcollector Any PacketCollector related problems or questions should be posted here.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
I blew away PoK from my PEQ database and sourced in your SQL and it looks fine to me.

The only duped spawn I could see is that Veeshan Emissary guy which Live is constantly spawning and immediately killing.

I have found it is not unusual to see mobs pathing around buildings or walls to actually walk through them on occasion, which I believe is due to you being out of the range at which you get constant movement updates for them, at some point during the packet collect.

The only other thing I noticed was the player mounts that got collected. I'll fix that in the next release.
Player mounts have been in there yes, but not a huge deal imo, I think it helps to get the new versions of mounts collected.

I've wiped my PoK slate, #repop and 0 NPC's. When I simply reenter my 35 minute collect with the 170 merchants I get duplicates of NPC's everywhere, NPC's pathing everywhere, NPC's not even close to their remote location way across the zone. I thought it may have been pre-existing grids but that's not it.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Derision
Developer

Odd. What I did was shutdown the server completely, executed:
Code:
delete from spawn2 where zone like '%poknowledge%';
delete from doors where zone like '%poknowledge%';
delete from grid where zoneid = 202;
delete from grid_entries where zoneid = 202;
delete from ground_spawns where zoneid = 202;
delete from object where zoneid = 202;
Then sourced in your SQL and restarted the server.

If you do #npcstats on each occurrence of the same duped spawns, are they both the same npcid and spawngroup (and in the 202nnn range ?).
Old 06-01-2010, 02:56 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Sorry to keep being a bother, but checking Zones Points and Zone Config outputs the entries commented out. Any chance that can be changed?

Also, how difficult would it be to add an option to UPDATE npc_types instead of INSERT? If checked, the SQL may look like:

Code:
UPDATE npc_types set field1 = $field1, field2 = $field2 where name = $name and id >= @StartingNPCTypeID and id <= @StartingNPCTypeID + 999;
That would help me to use new collects to update already built zones, since you've added proper texture and face parsing! Of course, the default option should probably create INSERTS for new zones

I can't thank you enough, this seriously is the best parser EQEmu has ever seen! My hope is the next version of the PEQ database will have every zone supported by our client at least spawned with doors, objects, fog, etc.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Sorry to keep being a bother, but checking Zones Points and Zone Config outputs the entries commented out. Any chance that can be changed?

Also, how difficult would it be to add an option to UPDATE npc_types instead of INSERT? If checked, the SQL may look like:

Code:
UPDATE npc_types set field1 = $field1, field2 = $field2 where name = $name and id >= @StartingNPCTypeID and id <= @StartingNPCTypeID + 999;
That would help me to use new collects to update already built zones, since you've added proper texture and face parsing! Of course, the default option should probably create INSERTS for new zones

I can't thank you enough, this seriously is the best parser EQEmu has ever seen! My hope is the next version of the PEQ database will have every zone supported by our client at least spawned with doors, objects, fog, etc.
Should be an option between Insert and Update really.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
I had misread your original request which is why I left them commented out. I've changed it locally and it will be in the next release, which won't be until tomorrow at least.

Quote:

Code:
That would help me to use new collects to update already built zones
I assume that if the option to generate UPDATEs like that is selected, then you wll also not want the INSERTs generating for the spawn tables ?

Finally, you are not being a bother at all. Of anyone, you know best as to how a tool like this needs to work from a user's perspective
Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Derision
Developer

Code:
I've just thought of an issue with this. What about the case where multiple mobs exist with the same name with different attributes (level, hp, possibly other attributes) ?

Do you only want a selected number of fields included in the update, like face, texture, etc ?
Old 06-01-2010, 04:23 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yes, I know in my case if I choose the UPDATE option, I'll only be looking to update the npc_types, and will leave all other options unchecked.

That's a good thought, about NPCs with the same name and different levels or other critical stats. What I am mainly looking for is the appearance data, so yes if the query could be limited to textures, face, the various color and hair columns, armortints, and melee columns, etc that would be ideal! Also, I noticed the Drakkin specific appearance columns aren't parsed, are they not sent? No big deal if not. The data I am working with now is far more detailed than ever!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Derision
Developer

Good catch about the drakkin data. I decode it from the packet, just don't include it in the INSERT. I'll include that in the list of things to add.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I've only posted TSS and SoD because I felt I had all of the zones. I have quite a few bits and pieces of others

EDIT: Yes Derision I got PoK to work after some trial and error, but there was a dramatic difference which makes no sense but yeah 8 D.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
steve
Discordant

Will this work for Test Server? If not, is there a way to get it to work?

Was thinking best way might be to testcopy and do some suicide runs.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Will this work for Test Server? If not, is there a way to get it to work?

Was thinking best way might be to testcopy and do some suicide runs.

What are you trying to say?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:40 PM
steve
Discordant

Answered my own question. Appears to work fine on Test Server.

Anyway, I noticed when running collects in The Void, the spawn of Zebuxoruk is not logged. Verified with Akkadius' collects that he uploaded as well. He's a special merchant that you buy from using Chronobines.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Answered my own question. Appears to work fine on Test Server.

Anyway, I noticed when running collects in The Void, the spawn of Zebuxoruk is not logged. Verified with Akkadius' collects that he uploaded as well. He's a special merchant that you buy from using Chronobines.
He also does some of the void access quests.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

He probably has classification of a different merchant type which isn't in Derision's script to filter and capture.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

I'm gathering as much of PoR as I possibly can without the instances. I will have all of the statics tonight. As well as DoN statics. So whoever is doing collects I would work on another expansion.

Although there are some very very dynamic zones such as "The Devastation" where there are several factions of NPC's within a zone and they take each other over, I am collecting it as well as I possibly can. Because sitting in Devastation isn't going to get the zone collected thoroughly because we need working faction ID's to make it all work. And then they have weapons and armory that spawn as a result of a certain faction taking over a zone, such as walls and catapults. Rage is similar.