Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Packetcollector

Support::Packetcollector Any PacketCollector related problems or questions should be posted here.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
Yeah, that is a new column that KLS added to the zone table very recently, and the reason I put it in a separate update statement, so the first, main, zone table row update will go through
if you don't have that column, and the separate update for fog_density will error if you don't have it, but can be safely ignored.

I meant to put a comment preceding the fog_density update to that effect, but forgot.
Yeah I haven't updated binaries in a few weeks only because I was scared of some of the repercussions some of the changes might have had.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:47 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Yeah I haven't updated binaries in a few weeks only because I was scared of some of the repercussions some of the changes might have had.
Everything actually seems to work pretty smoothly after the recent large updates BTW.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Derision
Developer

1.6 is up with a couple of bug fixes
Code:
The zone long name should no longer be truncated at 32 characters.
Apostrophes in the zone long name are escaped, i.e. Dranik's Hollows should be Dranik\'s Hollows.
And I enabled the feature to update existing NPCs in the database, which doesn't generate new npc_types or spawn table entries, but updates existing npc_types as follows:

Code:
If selected, the following columns:

texture, helmtexture, size, face, luclin_hairstyle, luclin_haircolor, luclin_eyecolor, luclin_eyecolor2, luclin_beardcolor,
  luclin_beard, drakkin_heritage, drakkin_tattoo, drakkin_details, armortint_red, armortint_green, armortint_blue,
  d_meele_texture1, d_meele_texture2, findable

will be updated for existing rows in the npc_types table that meet the following criteria:

Their ID falls within the range specified.
	The NPC is a playable race (Race <= 12 || Race == 128 || Race == 130 || Race == 330 || Race == 522)
	The NPC name is unique in the sense that only one NPC with the given first name was seen in the packet collect.
In other news

The zombie_catapults I mentioned in a previous post that were showing as humans are actually 'Destructable objects' that I think were introduced in Serpent's spine.

I can get the catapults to display properly if I hard code the same data as is in a live spawn packet (three strings and 53 bytes of as yet unidentified data).

I plan to look at the destructable objects some more at the weekend to see if I can figure out what those 53 bytes control so we can make some meaningful fields for them in
the npc_types table.

If anyone has any info on destructable objects, particuarly do some behave differently than others, do their graphics change as they get to various %s of hit points, are some immune
to melee, or spells, or certain types of spells, etc, that might possibly help identify what some of the data associated with them controls.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Domel
Fire Beetle

Here is a bit from Eqplayers :

Quote:
Destructible Objects - Destructible objects, like walls, doors, and siege engines, are used in many of the new expansion zones. These are terrain objects that have a health points which can be depleted and, when the object has reached low enough health, it will crumble and break. As you damage the objects you will see it break down until it is completely destroyed. You can identify an object that is destructible because it will pulse when you put your mouse over it.
Source: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ga...date=2/21/2006

I do remember breaking up catapults and watching them look more damaged, it was pretty cool

Unfortunately, I don't recall any specifics like what % the graphics changed, etc.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:25 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Here I am again!

Could gender also be added to the update query? I have that Shroudkeeper in PoK and also many Crescent guards in mind with that request. Also, could you add the guard races to the list? Their weapons are a key piece of data I am looking for, and in most cases the guard races differ from the base race. Lastly, could you make it so that version also gets added to the WHERE statement? So if I select version 1, it would tack on "and version = 1" to the end of the query.

The list of guard races:

44 Freeport Guards
67 Highpass Guards
71 Qeynos Guards
77 Neriak Guards
78 Erud Guards
81 Rivervale Guards
90 Halas Guards
92 Grobb Guards
93 Oggok Guards
94 Kaladim Guards
106 Felguards
112 Fayguards
139 Cabilis Guards
183 Coldain
239 Vah Shir Guards

I believe that's it!

I have to say, I just updated Crescent and it looks beautiful now! All the NPCs have their proper robes, faces, heritage, and weapons. Thank you!

I think there may be a bug with certain zoneids parsing incorrectly, but I want to gather details before officially reporting it. Once I get that, I'll PM you with a log I see the issue with.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
I think there may be a bug with certain zoneids parsing incorrectly, but I want to gather details before officially reporting it. Once I get that, I'll PM you with a log I see the issue with.
I noticed the zoneids with the dranikhollowsc and ikkinz zones on the PEQ logs repo seems totally out of whack. I really need to see the .pcaps or logs produced by the 'Dump Packets' button to figure out what the issue is.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:32 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

I sent the pcaps to CD. you can get it from him for debugging purpose. the ikky zones are basically the same zone but they are different instances with different npcs for progression.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I posted the rest that I have for the most part, I halted doing any captures to get quite a few things done on my server. I will do more capturing when it's appropriate.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:16 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
I noticed the zoneids with the dranikhollowsc and ikkinz zones on the PEQ logs repo seems totally out of whack. I really need to see the .pcaps or logs produced by the 'Dump Packets' button to figure out what the issue is.
Was just sending you a link in fact, and also it appears 1.6 broke merchant dumps. I'm including a crescent log that dumps merchants for 1.5 and below, but not 1.6. It'll be in your PMs
Old 06-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Derision
Developer

1.7 up
Code:
Fixed bug introduced in v1.6 that broke merchant SQL generation.
Gender is now updated for existing npc_types.
Guard races are now included when updating existing npc_types.
Obtained the ZoneID number from the Player Profile instead of the NewZone_Struct.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
The zombie_catapults I mentioned in a previous post that were showing as humans are actually 'Destructable objects' that I think were introduced in Serpent's spine.

I can get the catapults to display properly if I hard code the same data as is in a live spawn packet (three strings and 53 bytes of as yet unidentified data).

I plan to look at the destructable objects some more at the weekend to see if I can figure out what those 53 bytes control so we can make some meaningful fields for them in
the npc_types table.

If anyone has any info on destructable objects, particuarly do some behave differently than others, do their graphics change as they get to various %s of hit points, are some immune
to melee, or spells, or certain types of spells, etc, that might possibly help identify what some of the data associated with them controls.
If it helps any, I think a_training_dummy in the crescent log I sent is in the same boat. On live it appears as a training dummy and seems to be a chest object, but in the collect its race and bodytype is 0.

Thank you for getting those changes in. I can't think of a thing wrong now!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
If it helps any, I think a_training_dummy in the crescent log I sent is in the same boat. On live it appears as a training dummy and seems to be a chest object, but in the collect its race and bodytype is 0.
Yes they are, thanks! I wish I'd known that earlier, it would have saved me the trouble of sneaking my way across Blightfire Moors and Goru'kar Mesa to find an object to test with
Old 06-04-2010, 03:49 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I keep getting an error on some zones when using the extractor to read the pcap files. City of Dranik and The Void are the only zones I have seen this error occur on. I have tried extractor versions 1.4, 1.5 & 1.7 and all encounter the same problem.

Code:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
   at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
   at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length)
   at EQPacket.PacketManager.ProcessPacket(IPAddress srcIp, IPAddress dstIp, UInt16 srcPort, UInt16 dstPort, Byte[] Payload, Boolean SubPacket, Boolean Cached)
   at EQExtractor02.EQExtractor2Form1.device_OnPacketArrival(Object sender, CaptureEventArgs e)
   at SharpPcap.PcapDevice.SendPacketArrivalEvent(RawPacket p)
   at SharpPcap.PcapDevice.PacketHandler(IntPtr param, IntPtr header, IntPtr data)
   at SharpPcap.SafeNativeMethods.pcap_dispatch(IntPtr adaptHandle, Int32 count, pcap_handler callback, IntPtr ptr)
   at SharpPcap.PcapDevice.CaptureThread()
   at SharpPcap.PcapDevice.Capture()
   at EQExtractor02.EQExtractor2Form1.ProcessFileButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EQExtractor2
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/zzTemp/EQExtractorv2v1.7/EQExtractor2.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
SharpPcap
    Assembly Version: 3.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/zzTemp/EQExtractorv2v1.7/SharpPcap.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
PacketDotNet
    Assembly Version: 0.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/zzTemp/EQExtractorv2v1.7/PacketDotNet.DLL
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
zlib.net
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/zzTemp/EQExtractorv2v1.7/zlib.net.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:55 PM
steve
Discordant

What version of The Void did you use it in? It worked fine for me in Void A, B, & G.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
I keep getting an error on some zones when using the extractor to read the pcap files. City of Dranik and The Void are the only zones I have seen this error occur on. I have tried extractor versions 1.4, 1.5 & 1.7 and all encounter the same problem.
If you are willing to email me one of the .pcap files that is causing the crash (DerisionEQ at gmail.com) I'll see what's causing the crash and fix it.