Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Default It's been almost a year, but Leetsauce Productions is almost back

It's in alpha right now. I MUST say - my pricing query is on point. Not a single negative(on an integer level) price, and not a single displayed negative price (the 2.1mil plat bug which I am sure can be fixed, but I wanted to get creative) in my entire DB now. For those who remember, there were always lots of random price bugs / exploits on my older DB - not any more! Still not against MQ, etc, but on an economy based server, I don't like plat dupes.

With that being said; the girlfriend, some ex-guildies, and myself are working each night after work to perfect other things now that the pricing_schema is done and implemented (damn near perfectly so far as I can tell) like implementing the economy itself. For those who remember Dav00d's PowerGamer server - this will be similar, but with more versatility (no offense dav00d. you helped me make this happen) in the way of gear, pricing, gameplay, world-style, etc.

Vanilla through Planes of Power will be PEQ. The only difference here will be (aside from the items being droppable and have a price assigned to them so as to sell either to a player or merchant to obtain the next tier gear) will be fabled drops having a small chance to drop from the normal mob. So Vulak may drop the fabled clr/int caster robe, Tunare may drop fabled belt, etc. These items will be worth quite a bit, but not easy to replace, just like in EqLive.

Which brings me to gear; I have currently set up 10 tiers of gear, and it's safe to assume that every 10 levels you will get a new set(assuming you have the money to buy it.) This could changed based on preliminary testing and personal discretion.

All-in-all I am super stoked about being able to host this again, and I hope people are willing to give it a shot. If you enjoy progression servers, with progression based on gear, which is based on the economy, this might be your gig. I'll post again when in beta. During which I will allow public access up to certain individuals who request it.

Edit: Flagging has been removed, and charmfile/id's have been removed. Should've mentioned that. I have piggy and #peqzone enabled on my server with a 60 second cooldown with no debuffs. All clients up to HoT can connect and UI is functional for the most part.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Davood
Discordant

i'm sure it will be an excellent server ill check it out when i have some free time
Old 03-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

If you remember, Dav00d, the 2.1mil bug(on your server at least, dunno if anyone else's had the same issue) I have completely destroyed it.

To be as forthcoming as possible; I'm taking a tonne of your ideas, but only in homage and will always truthfully admit that. In my defense - you had some very unique features that I thoroughly enjoyed for more time (in total) than I have any other server because of the way you had the progression, gear, etc set up. I plan to replicate it, but give it my own little twist.

I have a couple of tiers of armor implemented (in the same way PowerGamer was set up - but no direct spoilers) and right now I'm fine tuning xp gain, aa xp gain, and skill up gain to be inline with the gear, and the prices. On our 5-6th run (each from beginning to end meaning min level to max level and full progression gear that is in the game so far) thus far and plan to do a boatload more testing before unlocking it to public status.

All in all, I'm hoping to get this back out there and hope that I'm able to get others to enjoy it as well as there isn't a single server on the list ( as far as I can tell ) that is even remotely similar to what you had going, and what I have going.

Disclaimer: I'm not entirely sure the RoF client works with the server. I'm using some weird hybrid client to connect that I had patched to live when I played, but I can't remember if I stopped playing live before or after the release of RoF. Looking at my live account - it seems that I have purchased RoF, but am unsure at which patch my copy is. That being said, I've had success using HoT, UF, both from Steam, and Titanium from some random place I found.

Edit: Beta testing will begin within 2 weeks. We(my team) have set this personal(individually) goal to have it ready to start beta, and so we shall.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:55 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Sounds like it might be kinda cool.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Davood
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetsauce View Post
If you remember, Dav00d, the 2.1mil bug(on your server at least, dunno if anyone else's had the same issue) I have completely destroyed it.

To be as forthcoming as possible; I'm taking a tonne of your ideas, but only in homage and will always truthfully admit that. In my defense - you had some very unique features that I thoroughly enjoyed for more time (in total) than I have any other server because of the way you had the progression, gear, etc set up. I plan to replicate it, but give it my own little twist.

I have a couple of tiers of armor implemented (in the same way PowerGamer was set up - but no direct spoilers) and right now I'm fine tuning xp gain, aa xp gain, and skill up gain to be inline with the gear, and the prices. On our 5-6th run (each from beginning to end meaning min level to max level and full progression gear that is in the game so far) thus far and plan to do a boatload more testing before unlocking it to public status.

All in all, I'm hoping to get this back out there and hope that I'm able to get others to enjoy it as well as there isn't a single server on the list ( as far as I can tell ) that is even remotely similar to what you had going, and what I have going.

Disclaimer: I'm not entirely sure the RoF client works with the server. I'm using some weird hybrid client to connect that I had patched to live when I played, but I can't remember if I stopped playing live before or after the release of RoF. Looking at my live account - it seems that I have purchased RoF, but am unsure at which patch my copy is. That being said, I've had success using HoT, UF, both from Steam, and Titanium from some random place I found.

Edit: Beta testing will begin within 2 weeks. We(my team) have set this personal(individually) goal to have it ready to start beta, and so we shall.
its cool you are giving some credit, but you have to realize what you "copied" was not really all that custom anyways.. your work is probably x100 more than what I had at the time

if you want the "other stuff" i can help you get it working
Old 03-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

To be fair on the custom-ness (is that a word?) I agree, it really isn't anything that wasn't already in the game (part of why I loved it so much)

Tonight we will be figuring out places to put the tiers, if ya catch my drift.

Something else that is kind of a spoiler, but not really if you played on mine before - I'm going back and making the 3 different types of velious armor buyable, as opposed to making you go get the gems, and the armor piece, and do the turn in. This way, as long as you have the appropriate faction, you will be able to buy the armor instead of quest for it, whilst keeping the quest portion (for those who prefer) intact. This time I am leaving the quest npc's where they are though.

Dav00d, what I most need help with ( and not really because I can 100% do it on my own) is an easy way to implement fabled lootdrops to their non-fabled-respective lootdrops. If you can think of an easy way shoot me a PM or something and I'll give it a go. Otherwise, it's moreorless 1 at a time from vanilla to PoP.

Rhyotte, if you're anything like me and like the ability to group with others for a common benefit, or play solo style, or even play with bots on an economy based progression server, you'll love it. As I stated yesterday we will have this in beta within 13 days.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Default Update

I have ~3 tiers left out of the 10 I have implemented.

(Dav00d, you will love how, where, and who I used for the gear tiers)

Epics are done, but prices need to be readjusted tonight, and epics 2.5->x.x need to be done, but those are awhile away.

For the time being I'm leaving classic-PoP open with only a handful of zones ( elemental planes, potimea/b, and earlier raid zones) level capped. What I will probably do is steal Hunter's idea of using BP's as a flagging mechanism to move into the next zone tier.

Level cap is currently 60 but will likely be adjusted to have more wiggle-room with flagging, etc.

Prices are ON POINT. By the time I hit level 60(legit-style without using gmhax or MQ), I was able to buy 2x epic 1.5's, and a full suit of T1 armor. Which this is the way I wanted it.

No required level for ANY gear. The only thing holding you back from obtaining the best armor in the game is money, and the way you choose to make it. Tip: Tradeskills are hotsauce.

You will start in Bazaar. Within the Bazaar you will have informational npc's, a starter gear merchant that also provides info, a few start quest npc's with quests that can be completed without leaving the zone, and a translocator to all the LDoN camps.

I have implemented 100% xp pots, and some other randomly awesome items to ALL loot tables in the game at a very, very small chance. So; as an example, you will be running around a zone like Unrest, and you'll kill a skelly that will drop a 100% xp pot for 30 minutes (kinda like an additional lesson burn!) There are also some other cool things like that. Backpacks, etc.

Anyway, as a lengthy update goes, this is what I have done so far, and plan to continue to further the awesomeness of this server and hope to have people aboard within the next few days. Beta testing is likely to begin far sooner than I had previously imagined thanks to my awesome team.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Davood
Discordant

you can have my drop tables if you like.. i have already implemented that with a flat 5% drop rate on all fabled on their non fabled counterparts.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Davood
Discordant

just need to filter my drops tables for the fabled bits and add those to your db

if i have time this week i can sort through and do it for you and give you the sql.. otherwise send me a pm with how youd like the data packaged.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

I may just go back and do it manually 1 by 1. Because not only am I adding the fabled loot to their tables (probably closer to 1-3%) I am also taking the fabled spawns which ARE in the DB already (for some reason?) out and replacing their entire spawn with a loottable on the regular mob. I kinda like tedious/meticulous stuff. =p

It's looking good so far, and I can't wait to bust out beta testing. It's going to begin ALOT sooner than I had previously imagined. I wanted to get it up for Beta last night, but it was my birthday so I drank/smoked myself stupid instead!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 PM
zeldik
Sarnak

There a web page on what your server will be like upon launch?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:48 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Not all the fabled mobs are in the DB.

Actually, quite a few missing.

Easier to go 1by1 like we did on Nagafen's lair.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

That is what I figured, Maze, even though Dav00d was willing to give me, essentially, a big list of everything that I would need to do it his way, but I'm gonna take the 1 by 1 route because I like to be thorough, especially when it comes to potentially server-breaking items. Those fabled items(@Dav00d) were baller money, and way way way OP for obtaining large amounts of money to buy things like a 2.0 on your old PG server.

Zeldik, I have nothing in the works for a webpage as I'm no expert in that area (or server management haha) but if one were to set up a forum for the server I'd be more than happy to take care of the pricing. Though, now that I think about it, an Austrailian or British fellow did it for me last time for no charge. Just a small forum that I can post changelogs and random bits of info to help new players understand what they're working with.

I will MORE THAN LIKELY finish gear tiers 8, 9, and 10 tonight which means Beta (open to public) MAY start tonight. I've got it connected to the eqemu servers, locked, but I'm able to access it from outside of my own network so it's ready to roll on that end. My internet is retardedly better than it was the last time I did this. Fuck comcast. Sorry for cursing, but I think most would agree.

That said; gonna enjoy this beautiful weather for a while with the girlfriend, then we're coming back to finish said work. You guys get ready as this will be something new for ya to entertain yourself with, and it will be a HUGE learning opportunity for me that will (thank goodness) cover a lot of criteria in A LOT of different areas. Thanks for everyone who has helped so far. No work that has been put in will go unnoticed, or unappreciated.

-Leet(stoned)
Old 03-22-2014, 12:50 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Beta mode officially on. I am assuming I need to re-evaluate my eqemu_config so I need someone to try to connect.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:03 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

It appears others ARE able to connect. Let's do some testin' !

Finders fee on bugs, especially dupes.