Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:40 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default Eriviyn Server

THE FUN BEGINS 10/11/14

A Vanilla/Kunark server with a new twist. What is the Eriviyn? You'll find out soon.

If you want to see more detailed info register on our forums at

ERIVIYN.FORUMOTION.COM

IMPORTANT: You can win in-game prizes and friend/family IP exempts if you register and support our community in and out of
the game. Eriviyn also has a drama-free donation system that is 100% purely cosmetic. Example: If you help our server out, we will give you a choice
of Weapon/Shield Variations, Armor Colors and Auras that make your character stand out from the rest.

Eriviyn is best played with the UF/HoT or RoF client.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:17 AM
satora54
Sarnak

Great surprise to see before i go to work, thanks for making my day brother.

Any chance you could recommend a client that would work best with your server?
Old 09-29-2014, 05:18 AM
Splose
Banned

Old 09-29-2014, 06:55 AM
Trubles
Sarnak

Well, bots are again, gonna be a major part of play here.

won't be playing.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubles View Post
Well, bots are again, gonna be a major part of play here.

won't be playing.
We have expert custom source for bots on Eriviyn, they scale with stats and everything just like players and the server is designed with them in mind. We have also made sure they don't crash the server as well with numerous testing and fixes. (We found a ton of bugs) Hopefully that will change your mind a bit. The server can also be soloed if you're good (patient) but NPC's have HP that is designed to take on a champion and their team of bots or a team of players. (Some bosses might require all players or somebody very good with bots.)

If you like Baldur's Gate or any RPG that lets you create your own party, I guarantee you'll enjoy Eriviyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satora54 View Post
Great surprise to see before i go to work, thanks for making my day brother.

Any chance you could recommend a client that would work best with your server?
My team and I have worked very hard on this server and we are excited to get it going for everybody. HoT/UF or RoF works fine. Please sign up on the boards when you can.
The Eriviyn team is more likely to vote on players who are active for IP exempts and other perks. Players can also get rewards for being active and posting.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

sweet were real close !

where do you find the sweet class artworks ?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Nillboard
Fire Beetle

Quick question Drak... how long before you need to remove these images for copyright infringement? Like it happened before.

Personally thats what I think Eqemu is lacking... attention from copyright lawyers!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillboard View Post
Quick question Drak... how long before you need to remove these images for copyright infringement? Like it happened before.

Personally thats what I think Eqemu is lacking... attention from copyright lawyers!
All of the images above are free to use non-commercial. I made sure of it when I created/edited them this time. This is not a commercial project. I accidently picked
up a GUILD WARS 2 image last time and they got pissy with me. Think of a signature or avatar on a forum. It's about as harmless as that honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozium View Post
sweet were real close !

where do you find the sweet class artworks ?
On Google Images. (Free to use non-commercial) I just use them for cosmetic value to give me a visual idea when I create these paths. There is nothing being sold
here, just a visual painting to excite the mind a bit.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:32 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Hello everybody,

I wanted to put out a small Q&A to explain some things I have been asked recently. Here we go.

QUESTION: Its says on some of the swarm pet spells that they get stronger every 10 caster levels. Can you tell us what this means a bit?
ANSWER: Path swarm pets come in levels of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60. (I use a perl script to cast them even though it's a single spell)
They also have different models, weapons, sizes etc depending on the pet. For example: Enforcer's Cadets start with leather armor and basic weapons
at low levels and wear plate and have nicer weapon models at 60. This particular pet also randomly takes on one of the player races when summoned.
The Heretic can summon demons that have different variations, from imps to greater devils later at 60. I worked hard on making sure players feel like they
are getting stronger this time around instead of having a single swarm pet that always stays the same but gets stronger with a buggy script. This also makes it
where these pets aren't OP either. They are very balanced in Eriviyn.

QUESTION: Are you going to create more and more paths and forget about balancing the ones you have?
ANSWER: I plan on focusing on the current 32 and buffing them if they need it. I don't plan on making anymore right now.
If you go to our forums and check out the details on the paths, you'll notice that each class doesn't have 2 dps or something pointless like that
this time. I have given all classes an alternate role. Warriors can Tank and DPS, Clerics can Heal and DPS. It's pretty straight forward and
makes the balance of the server better. Varlyndria was all over the place and honestly had too many things. I won't make that mistake twice.

QUESTION: Why haven't you released more info on the story and content of Eriviyn?
ANSWER: I didn't want to give off too many spoilers. I released the paths because they are more
of a game mechanic + flavor, where the story and content of the game should be left a closed book.

QUESTION: Can you give us a clue of what the server is about? What is this "hunted" message we see when signing up?
ANSWER: All I can say is you're not a hero this time around. Life is hard, kinda like if you're a kid getting picked on in school.
Of course, bullies in school usually don't come at you with swords drawn.

QUESTION: Can you share a little of the custom content with us? Are there custom bosses like Varlyndria?
ANSWER: There is indeed custom content, but I would rather players jump on and experience it for themselves.

QUESTION: Kunark and Vanilla with a HoT/UF and RoF client? What gives?
ANSWER: I wanted to give players that nostalgia feel again, but with a new twist. If you can handle the drastic graphic
differences, you should greatly enjoy what Eriviyn offers.

QUESTION: Is this server like the original Varlyndria?
ANSWER: This server is what the original Varlyndria should have been. Varlyndria 1 was limited to a single class charm and numerous bugs
and exploits with them. Hardly any scaling at all and just overall poor design. Eriviyn will keep you on your toes at all times and make you
work hard for your path items. (5 items to complete your path and become a Grand version of it.) Each path item is given from a quest at
10, 20, 30, 45 and finally level 60. (Not easy to reach as exp is greatly toned down and you lose exp when dying)

If you have anymore questions, please don't be afraid to ask them.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:42 PM
satora54
Sarnak

Will i be running or trying to find a port? Or will we have a teleporter, or something of that nature, to make getting around easier?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satora54 View Post
Will i be running or trying to find a port? Or will we have a teleporter, or something of that nature, to make getting around easier?
The main hub has about 5 locations it can send you to to get you around Antonica/Kunark easier, but these locations are pretty
much in the middle of nowhere. I am doing it this way on purpose so players have to explore a lot of the world and it doesn't kill
the travel aspect of the server.

If you haven't registered on the Eriviyn forums yet. Please do so! You can get prizes and everything else
if you join our community.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Listen up folks! I am going to be giving away a nice package to all players who register on the
forums before we launch on the 11th of Oct.

Players will receive the following gift in game on launch night IF they register before we launch.
Players who fail to register before launch WILL NOT be eligible for this package.

THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES: (CAN ONLY BE GIVEN TO ONE CHARACTER OF YOUR CHOICE.)

• 7 Prismatic Dyes (This item in Eriviyn is cosmetic donator only.)
• 1 pick from a list of pre-made weapon ornamentation augments. (This item in Eriviyn is cosmetic donator only.)
• 1 10 Slot 50% weight reduction bag.
• 1 30 minute 100% exp booster potion to get a head start! (persists through death).

Don't miss out on this opportunity! Click below and register today!

AGAIN: If you DO NOT register on our forums before launch you WILL NOT get this gift package.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Wood_Elf
Fire Beetle

Five more days until release guys!

We currently have 44 registered members on the forums and counting, and the server hasn't even been released yet. There is an anticipation for a rather large number of people logged in on Day 1. Real people, not just people and boxed characters.

Come register at The Server Forums so you can receive an in game reward as well. Make friends on the forum, organize guilds and groups beforehand and be ready for the server launch! See you guys in-game October 11th!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Time is running out!

You need to register right now if you want the gift package come launch night!

Eriviyn is currently at 61 registered users on our forums as I am typing this and we haven't launched yet! Come join our fast growing
community and get ready for a roller-coaster come early Saturday morning at MIDNIGHT! Don't miss out on this awesome opportunity!
You'll regret it! I promise! Here is 3 of 8 choices of Ornamentation Augments players can choose from if they sign up before launch.

Click the signature below and register today!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:28 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

The Eriviyn Server will be going live at 10/11/14 EST at Midnight!

I have decided to open the doors 2 hours early so players in the eastern part of the USA can get more time to play.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:You have less than 24 hours from the time I posted this message to sign up on our forums or you'll miss out on the gift package
above. It's almost time folks. I hope you're excited.