Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Default Mobs healing through walls and pet aggro

A pain on my server is that mobs can heal through walls, then of course the pets go crazy and attack them whever they are and can cause some train issues.

Is this a local issue for me(then what did i do, heh) or does every server have this issue? If so, sounds like a quick change to the script to check for LoS before a mob heals. Because trying to modify aggro script might a pain.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:13 PM
sfisque
Hill Giant

this i was a problem for a long time on LIVE. not sure if they ever fixed it (i remember sebilis and kedge being especially guilty of healers healing through the floor/ceiling).

my server exhibits this problem as well, so i'm sure its "global".

== sfisque
Old 07-20-2007, 12:21 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I'm sure you're using the proper map files, but check around for updates. There was a handful of zone maps updated recently (last year) for some of the GoD+ zones, and I think some of the older ones too. Can't remember.

But I confirm, mobs have always had an innate ability to heal, aggro, and even attack you through solid rock/walls in Live. I haven't played recently, so I cannot say if they fixed it there.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

The did fix it on live, I think they just put a LoS check before they casted.

I do have the most recent maps, otherwise I think I'd have casting issues too!

This is just annoying, especially with the pet classes.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:41 PM
oldlurker
Fire Beetle

Afaik player chars wont get aggroed through walls. So wouldnt it be enough to use the same piece of code that checks if a mob can see(=aggro) a player on the mob to be healed?
Old 07-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irreverent View Post
A pain on my server is that mobs can heal through walls, then of course the pets go crazy and attack them whever they are and can cause some train issues.

Is this a local issue for me(then what did i do, heh) or does every server have this issue? If so, sounds like a quick change to the script to check for LoS before a mob heals. Because trying to modify aggro script might a pain.
Can you give me a spot in game where this happens? I think I found the code that needs to be updated to fix this but I need to test.

Thanks!

Last edited by Blakine; 07-21-2007 at 01:28 AM..
Old 07-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Sure, two places both in seb.

1) in the crypt, the shrooms will help heal through the floor if you fight right in the middle of the two stairs...

2) EXACTLY below that, if you fight right after all the shrooms/start of the juggs, on the ledge before you go down under an arch...the Crypt protectors will heal those mobs...or, hell...fight anywhere in the zone and a nearby healer will heal.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irreverent View Post
Sure, two places both in seb.

1) in the crypt, the shrooms will help heal through the floor if you fight right in the middle of the two stairs...

2) EXACTLY below that, if you fight right after all the shrooms/start of the juggs, on the ledge before you go down under an arch...the Crypt protectors will heal those mobs...or, hell...fight anywhere in the zone and a nearby healer will heal.
Cool...I'll do some testing and post back in a few days.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Default Still need to test...

Update:

Numerous entries in the code talk about not using LOS check when casting a heal. Not sure why? Anyway I am in the process of setting up my dev env for building a working executable. I have made some code changes that may fix this. I plan on implementing a switch so that you can turn LOS for heals on or leave it off.

I just need to do a build and then test. This week is midterm week for me so cant promise anything soon. But rest assured I am working on it
Old 07-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Hot Damn! That's awesome, should make pet owners rejoice! If you need help testing, let me know. I'm sure my server will be more than happy to test that one.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakine View Post
I plan on implementing a switch so that you can turn LOS for heals on or leave it off.
Blakine, if you are not yet familiar with EQEmu's "rules" system, check it out. Your switch should be a rule (but maybe you already knew that).

Sounds like a great fix! Happy to see someone else digging into the code.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:11 PM
enkendu
Fire Beetle

Default Pet aggro through walls

Has there ever been an actual fix to this, im still having the problem, i have searched the forums over and over unless im just missing somthing, can some one tell me if pets aggroing through walls is still normal or is there a fix for it?