Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:37 AM
wiley99
Fire Beetle

Default zoning plane of sky crash

I had a windows server running awhile ago on an older build 1118 with peq-ykesha1 database/ quests. I saw alot of issues as the database and quests I grabbed may have been very old. I have since then followed the instructions posted in the linux section for debian word by word, including cvs the correct peq db and quest files.

The server is running great, I have had a few friends connect to it that I played eq with in the past and they could not believe it. I am curious though to one issue I am having. I have searched the internet and these forums about it and had no luck in finding anything that seemed close. I did find some statements regarding zone crash but due to levi and clouds but nothing on airplane, plane of sky. peq-website that is down, I reviewed a cached page that said something about guild hall porting to poh or sky, I don't think it meant my issue.

When zoning into plane of sky my client crashes, I can reload client and try to log in but it just crashes again after long delay. I made announcement to 3 guys on the server not to go to sky and one of them accidently ported us all to sky. I had to change the SQL character table to match that of a player character not in sky, x-y-z, time last on and zoneid and good to see we could log back in.

Just wondering if anyone knew or had any guess on why this is happening, I am curious. Logs state zoning "player" to airplane zoneid , axis looks normal-

thanks for any help you may have on this issue
Old 09-23-2008, 04:48 PM
niceguy
Fire Beetle

I am having the same issue with PoSky.
Not much info on the forums.
Is there any fixes? Or is PoSky down ufn?