Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Default MDB Everquest

Hello, recently me and two other developers have been working on a brand new progression-type server.

Here are some quick specs.

Code:
 1. Any race, can be any class, and any diety.(Be careful, faction still plays a role.)

2. Players will start with a Race charm, and a diety augment, that means many different possibilities in the way of creating your charm.

3. Scripted bosses, such as Nagafen, and Vox. (Still in the works.)

4. Enhanced experience, so you don't feel like you're dragging your feet.

5. Fableds have a 1-5% chance to drop from the original monster.

6. Custom set hub zone (Guildhall).

7. Full-time developers.

8. Task-Based progession.

9. Monster strength cut down considerably.(Does not make it a cakewalk!)

10. Many easter eggs, and hidden treats, you just have to find them yourselves!
Trust me there are many more things going on than listed, you'll have to experience it for yourselves.
I invite you all to come help find any glitches, and or exploits. Those that do will be rewarded come release!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:36 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Gunna give it a try. Always wanted to be an Ogre Wizard of E-Marr.

Hmm, deleted him. His stone of E-marr disappeared.

May want a default way to gate as well other than Ranger-style.

Last edited by nenelan; 06-05-2012 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: No need to double-post.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

That has alreadey been remedied, sorry been away all day and havent had a chance to reboot to add a gate item to the merchant and starting characters.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:43 PM
shick1098
Fire Beetle

What exactly is the server called? I can't seem to find it on the server list. I apologize if I completely missed it!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

[FV] MDB - june 03
Old 06-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Updates:6/5/2012-6/7/2012
Code:
1. Raid teleporter now checks for chaacter's level over 45.
2. Nagafen and Vox no longer banish if level is higher than 53.
3. Mobs tuned again, previous state wasn't as expected.
4. Added a gate item to Orlisk on hail.
5. Re-did the Jboots quest, optional.
6. Reworked flagging for future expansions
7. Added missing teleporters in zones that did not have them.
8. Buffbot now has a feature to heal you incase you are not full upon leaving hall.
9. Player VS. Player(optional) now has a significant loss, one item, full coin. Choose wisely before going Player VS. Player.
10. Currently working on Bosses and classic area modifications.
11.Decreased the aggro radius, seeing as things would pull through walls, no good!

Come stop on by, I'm always around, if not send me a forum message here.

The world is ever evolving.

Last edited by Maze_EQ; 06-07-2012 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: new change
Old 06-08-2012, 02:13 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Ive gotta say this is a bomb ass server props to the devs

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 06-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

UODATES 6/8/2012
Code:
1. Fixed some buggy spells.
2. Added aug pools to Guildhall.
3. Added a Hunter NPC that recommends where to hunt, based on hot zones.
4. Guildhall(HUB) set as static.
5. Zoning into guildhall, or out of guildhall now scribes spells levels 1-5 to make sure that the person recieves their needed spells.
6. Fine tuned Nagafen,Vox, Innoruuk, Cazic-Thule, and Phinigal Autropos.
7. Fixed Guise of the deciever to classic state.
8. Fableds are now populated on any monster who has a fabled copy spawn.(Was missing around 6 or 7 loot tables)
Thank you, Liquest. Working hard to provide a great experience.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Adol77
Fire Beetle

Sorry if I missed it, but can you box on this server and how many if there is a limit? thanks
Old 06-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Davood
Discordant

he limit is three

bots will be made.available through quests.and they wont be.trivial
Old 06-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Updates 6/8/12-6/9/12
Code:
1. Decreased experience rates a bit.
2. Increased Skillups by 100%
3. Made a deity changer attached to the buffer, just incase you didnt get the charm you wanted.
4. Started the class/race changer for titanium.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:31 AM
shorteez516
Fire Beetle

Anyone who likes a new progression server needs to check this out. Started playing here a couple days ago and love it. For any of you that were playing on Nagafens Lair before it went down, definitely stop by this server.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Davood
Discordant

A little tidbit from the troll under the bridge (me!)

The development of this server comes with a long history... this isn't a new development that was just started, it has been in the works on and off for years, but only recently has had enough active developers (3) to bring it to a state that could be called beta and have the (man?)power to organize, and respond to user feedback.

1. There are literally 1000s of changes, mostly minor, subtle tweaks, such as weapon model updates, to differentiate certain items (there are a ridiculous number of models available, even to titanium users).

2. Capitalization of global models for npcs to spruce up areas asthetically, quest/npc trimming to remove the non-classic-ish content, and addition of a an excellent welcome zone with all the bells and whistles to help you understand what the MDB experience is all about without breaking the game immersion or lore.

3. heavy balancing analysis through the use of offline databases and spreadsheets and clearly defined point systems. - this means items, quest progression, npc difficulty, and overall vision are all being calculated and analysed with objective analysis rather than "timmy wants more orcs, lets make some of them size 255!!!!111111 YEY". there are discussions, and analysis, in order to determine how exactly we might tweak some npcs or add /remove npcs in order to properly flesh otu the world, maybe there is a need for size 255 orcs, but if there is, it will make sense. It won't just be a random thing because a developer has discovered that he can do it so he did it.

4. npc strength has been reduced accross the board, but certain npcs are actually stronger, or not as weak. and some abilities have been changed to reflect the target size of the active player base - all of which is variable, so we can increase the difficulty if raids of 20 people are banding together!

5. the rules table is being optimized to use the servers resources better for pathing and z adjustment - in the next week I believe we will notice the improvements.

6. there is a surprise for those hardy adventurers of any level who play long enough.....

Some re-envisoning is planned, in order to enable defunct, or poorly "visioned" vanilla/kunark/velious zones to be valuable and conducive to exploratory adventuring.

Specific details I will leave out as that would ruin the fun.

some additional info:
1. you can have one bot, but you cant create bots - it will be quested only, and that is something that is coming
2. you can have 3 connections per ip maximum
3. mq2 users who warp will get two warnings then banned for a set period of time(? not sure, maybe this can be clarified - we may be a little lax during beta)
4. hotzones will rotate on a weekly basis
5. xp rates are continually being adjusted from player feedback
6. PLEASE use the ingame mail feature to report bugs to soe.eq.mdb.maze this way we will definately see your feedback
7. there will be a set of rewards based on contributions during beta, and what you have accromplished with your toons during beta (levels, items discovered etc). so that when we char wipe, you will have some rewards in your shared bank upon logging into the production run of 1.0 MDB
Old 06-15-2012, 07:43 AM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

Server seems fun so far, though I think I found a bug.

I got Fabled Screaming Mace from Fabled Emperor Crush in Crushbone, and it wouldn't let me loot Fabled Dwarven Work Boots from Fabled Garanel Rucksif in Unrest, saying that I already had a lore item. I dropped the mace on the ground and was able to loot the boots, then the mace was deleted when I tried to pick it up, saying duplicate lore item detected.

Not sure if that's intended or not, but I don't need the mace back since I'm a monk and my fists hit harder now anyway.

Curious though, since I made my monk a dwarf, what are his monk stats (fist damage, hp regen) based on? Humans, Iksar, or something custom?

Also curious about these "AA token" augs on the server merchant. Are they just augs, or do they do something else also?

Edit: Just saw in-game mail mention for bugs in your post, gonna send it there.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:58 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

IIRC, Fableds are ALL on the same lore group. Meaning, you get to pick ONE fabled item, and no more. I think it's interesting, but not sure I 100% agree.