Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
soulscry_vale
Fire Beetle

Default Calling all cars!

Got a quick question.

I want to upgrade my peq DB to the latest version. ( aka LoY Final )
I downloaded the new peq-ykesha-release & its quests file ... Droped in the quests and override all originals on that file ... then droped in the SQL files in the main EQEMU folder and tried to sourse the Load_System & Load_Player's again but all i got was errors as mysql expressed to me the fact that these tables... already exsisted... this aparently didnt overrise the sourced in originals for now i get server crashing n the like ... Failing miseribaly in blind groping for the awnser i come to you guys/gals seeking aid ...

any help would be awsome... thanks again

Soul
Old 11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
techguy84
Discordant

I think you need to run drop_system.sql first, to remove all the old db except for character informaiton, and then run the load_system.sql. I think it's called drop_system... not 100% sure.

I belive there is also alot of changes made to the accounts tables since the SoL build so you may have to drop the character stuff too. You maybe could just drop your accounts and character tables to retain priorty data and then drop the databse entirely, start from scratch, and then re source in your character info after your done.

Never had alot of expeirence retaining character data, as I just normally do testing instead of playing, so maybe some of the more expeirence server admins can help you out with this one.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:34 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

My workflow is to drop all tables with drop_system and all users, then to run load_system, load empty_users, then source your database.

I considered making a tool to facilitate the process, and in fact someday I may just do that.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 11-17-2007, 02:47 AM
soulscry_vale
Fire Beetle

Default thanks

just wanted to say thanks guys

got it updated n running...

its really cool you guys took the time to help me out...

Thank you all

Soul