Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
ExcaliberAHP
Fire Beetle

Default general help i think

i followed the tutorial completely and i'm sure i did everything right, but after i connect to my server and click enter world, it says zone not available.

i think it might have to do something with when i sourced the files in mysql because it didn't take 10-30 mins but rather 1 min or so =\... did i get the files from the right CVS thingy? thanks for the help in advanced
Old 11-22-2007, 01:07 PM
xilbus
Fire Beetle

The 30 minutes that he wrote in the guide was for more older computers. I have a dual core and took me 5-10 minutes each.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:26 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Well, 30 minutes for older computers defineatly, but 1 minute is way to fast for even the most hardcore processors. There is roughly tens of thousands of lines that have to be executed for a proper database, something like 70k I think, but not sure.

1 minutes is too fast though, but something may have changed.

Check your zone server for any errors, and if your using the launcher, try to launch zone.exe seperatly to see issues.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:25 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

The CVS version of the database loads ALOT faster than it used to in the past. It takes about a few minutes time to load the database for me using an FX-55 with 2 gigs of ram.

As far as "zone not available", are you sure you ran this sql command against the database:

Code:
SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost = OLD_PASSWORD('eq');