Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:11 PM
dikafu
Fire Beetle

Default Summon offline player

Hi. I'm a day old newb.

I know this is not quite the right forum, so please redirect if more appropriate elsewhere.

I have two characters - one a GM. I would like to use my GM to relocate, level up and outfit the PC so I can solo in comfort.

I have seen the p99 petition quest screencasts where Sirken summons on offline PC in order to give items. Do I need to create a separate account? Or is this ability p99 only? I've gone over the command list many times, and fail to see what command would do it. (I also discovered the command list on the wiki is old - running #help in game gives a lot more commands, but I'm too green to attempt to update the wiki as I might be mistaken about what is good info or not).

Can I summon an offline PC?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2016, 12:35 AM
ghanja
Dragon

For offline, #movechar though that will place the PC at the safe point. If your server allows more than one character per account, then no a different account isn't necessary to my knowledge. But, maybe just #gm off after leveling that "GM toon", equipping, etc. and then play with it? Or give the play toon access to perform the #level, #summonitem, etc. and never do a #gm on.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:41 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikafu View Post
I have seen the p99 petition quest screencasts where Sirken summons on offline PC in order to give items.
As far as I know you cannot summon a player when they are offline, not the way you are wanting to at least.. If you can that would be cool, I will actually try it myself.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:57 PM
joligario
Developer

Well, you can script database changes for in-game use. Don't see why you couldn't spawn an npc and cast it as a client for changes or just do offline changes. Not saying that would be easy or supported with the current source, but that is how I would consider tackling that process.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:59 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
Well, you can script database changes for in-game use. Don't see why you couldn't spawn an npc and cast it as a client for changes or just do offline changes. Not saying that would be easy or supported with the current source, but that is how I would consider tackling that process.
As cool as it would be, it is not worth tackling the process. There are so many other things that could be done with the time. Offline has been working up to now.