Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:42 AM
Acleacius
Fire Beetle

Default Login/Server List issue

New here, thanks for this system to play this great game!

Hey some of my files seem to have been overwritten by logging into a server. It now seems to only go to that server. Is the eqlsClient.ini file the main file that controls login and server list or is there another file or two I need to overwrite with originals?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2017, 11:08 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

unless that server had a patcher, you would have had to replace any files

that .ini file doesn't do much... no worries there. eqhost.txt should be the only thing you need to edit to "host=login.eqemulator.org:599X" 5999 or 5998 depending on client etc...

as long as you didn't try to log in to a EQ Live server, all is well... if oyu did, then you need to delete and reinstall the client. make sure "patchme" is appended to the shortcut command line for eqgame.exe.

this is of course a non-patched eq client, if not, you'll need to search for one... legal reasons prevent this board from being too obvious about it, i believe. even with a basic agreement with daybreak about emus... you would think that makes it okay to use an old client, too? cliuck wiki-getting started on main eqemu page for good, verbose instructions.

p.s.

always have a backup, untouched archive of your EQ Client (in fact i have a titanium, uf and rof2 .RAR'd).. if somethign goes wrong, i can simply unpack to the game directory and BAM! just like new. (can save your character ui files etc then copy back over, too)

the eqlsuiconfig.ini can affect what you see when logging it.. e.g. i get rid of that seizure warning and voting etc... *can't seem to get rid of license agreement at beginning, but can remove some annoying things :p but don't edit this file until you have things working again. then do one thing at a time and make sure it doesn't break anything, if interested.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Acleacius
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the reply. No it wasn't an EQ Live server.

Those are all great tips, will check them all out.