Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 09-24-2009, 08:49 PM
lich2594
Sarnak

Titanium has a 9999 spell limit, SoF does not.

If you have over the limit you will not see the effects/spells.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:53 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

That's correct about the spell limit, however.

I added a few lines of code update the spell effects after saving. Spell effects do work as I've checked this over many times. The code for writing focus/clickies/ etc.. is the same, so if it works for one, it will work for all.

Newest version will have the above added now (ver ..1

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-25-2009, 03:36 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

I can confirm that custom Effects are now stored again using new edit. We still can select spells up to ID 10000 but i guess that is something on our end.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Pallos
Fire Beetle

Well I overwrote some old test spells and put them down in the 800 range so there would be no issue with titanium. Created the click and everything worked fine in SOF. Everything worked fine in my C:/temp/everquest (titanium) diectory.

This is where is gets wierd

The same Exact copy of the c:/temp/eq directory resides in program files ( this is in vista btw) with the client in that directory the clickie still listed the deleted spell. Not only that but when you clicked it, it not only casted the new spell it casted the deleted spell at the same time. Mind you these two directories are EXACTLY the same. When I moved the client directory out of the program files directory everything worked like it should. It leads me to believe there is some caching issue with Program files or a deal with the oriinal istall registry entries, I havent bothered to look tbh.

(on a side note in the program files directory even though the eqclient.ini had velious armor enabled they did not show till I moved the client out of the program files directory)

So my problem looks to be solved , if you are still seeing the wrong spell in the clickie this might be something to look out for. Provided you have done everything else like updated the spells_us file for your client(s).
Old 09-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Wesell
Sarnak

Windows Vista redirects writes to the Program Files folder to a folder in your users folder. It's an attempt to maintain compatibility with apps that expect to be able to write to these directories when the user running them does not have permissions to do so.

If you were saving that ini file with the 64bit version of notepad it would tell you that you didn't have permissions to save the file because 64bit apps are not subject to this redirection and will get to see the error. Basically the feature is confusing and not very helpful, but I guess they thought they would break too many windows 95 apps without it.