Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default Blanket Tools Question

Other than ruby extractor (which seems way defunct) I'm not seeing much along the lines of data collecting tools from Live. Thus, my question is, are there any still functioning, and what are they?

Not a doomsday type, but with the possible RIP in June (just look it up on like massivelyop) as well as just because factor, I'd like to try to gather as much basic info while im playing Live, as i can, legally of coures (i know some are gray areas, but if im sniffing my own packets on my own network its legal to me. i dont want to be able to use the info while still in game is all)

Ive been wanting to see how much updating of whats in the emu db for mobspawns etc i could do in this manner (like the mobs in shard's landing i tried when first installed all died in 1 hit so major overcons) but now that im doing more playing and less research, itd be nice to be able to gather anything that might be missing, if possible. Quest info is all avail on alla and eqresource, crafting on eqtraders, armor augs weapons etc on multiple sites, and graphics in the updated client, but how much is missing that could be added? are the zones and the new mobmodels themselves extractable from the client without any more info? Is there a simple item collector that works, that collects to your machine not just redirects to an outside site?

I know theres a lot to do on my end to update the more modern expacs and add in alll the quests etc, but im wondering how much I could pull from a post-rof client running Live to build later zones in a basic manner at least: new mob models and the full zone layouts etc. if can import the items in bulk rather than individually from lucy, itd be helpful but not absolutely necessary. Does the zone importer work that way at all? the name implies it but what i read in its thread did not at all sound that way. Is Ruby still viable and if so, where to get it?

I guess im asking first, how much even needs to be pulled from a running instance of the Live game vs an offline client folder, and second: if theres a way to get that which is not inside the client folder to start with and isnt archived on 6billion sites already.

NOTE: I'm not asking this for a right now usage thing, but a doomsday prepper mindset of if they announce om june 4 that eq will not be up on june 5, What can I use and just run around the game on its last day so can i keep playing since i JUST started playing again lol. If it was to avoid paying for anything, i would just play on Test and not have just bought expansion on 2 accounts, with 2 more to be bought this week.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:23 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Try this. This is where the data collections, from "our" database comes from.
(the PEQ dev team, etc.)
http://peqtgc.com/forums/index.php?t...elopmet.15268/

P.S. I take sites like massivelyop, with a grain of salt. That whole
"EQ Live shutting down" gossip has been going on for years.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:19 PM
Uleat
Developer

Sunsetting is one thing..this looks more like a trilithium warhead.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-25-2018, 05:45 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Well, we got DB (now) denying they are owned by CN, with many of their
original posts with the takeover announcements gone/deleted. DB (now)
claims all that info about CN owning them was a "mistake" since this whole
"assets frozen" came about, haha. DB even threw an an updated comment
today, insisting they have nothing to do with CN. But who knows. Their EQ
site announced the release of PoP expansion on the Agnarr server today,
at least making it "look like" business as usual.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:09 AM
Cusser
Sarnak

This Columbus Nova company, was never the one who actually bought the Sony games. It was Jason Epstein who
was a Senior Managing partner (for Columbus) who bought the Sony games, seperately himself and renamed it
Daybreak. Jason Epstein eventually parted with Columbus, after several years, but Columbus had no steaks in
Epstein's Daybreak venture.
That whole announcement of CN aquiring Daybreak was indeed, a mistake based on an internal misunderstanding,
since, Jason Epstein was still part of Columbus Nova at the time of the sale. Nobody worried about it, until
reputations and associations were an issue recently.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:58 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusser View Post
This Columbus Nova company, was never the one who actually bought the Sony games. It was Jason Epstein who
was a Senior Managing partner (for Columbus) who bought the Sony games, seperately himself and renamed it
Daybreak.
If you think about it, that makes more sense to inject a rumour
that those games were taken over by a "company", rather than "one
lone man", which could easily cause the entire gaming community to
lose confidence in it's future. Kind of like a real estate mogul taking
over Microsoft ? (games of the wealthy)
I don't think anyone has immediate cause to "get their panties in a
bunch" about EQ Live.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:52 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

I'm not overly worried honestly, but you never know when ppl start going on Russian witchhunts lol, or when they start taking assets. How I see it is either it really was a screw up initially, but him being who he was in company shrugged it off and now they're trying to minimize fallout, or DBG became it's own completely separate entity later, but in 2017, not as a knee-jerk reaction now. Either way, their suspicious behaviour to many with the post deletion makes sense as this allegation could have huge impact on income stream. The whole crying wolf deal and whatnot.