Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 03-11-2008, 03:55 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Default PEQ Server Pack 4.0

I finally got around to updating my Server Pack installer which can be had here:

http://peqtgc.com/downloads.php

For those who are unaware of what it is, you can follow this thread about the older versions:

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20314

Basically, it attempts to install and configure EQEmu, the quests, the database, all the maps, and configure your client, with as little interaction as possible. Aside from feeding it your MySQL and EverQuest directories, checking which components you want installed, and typing in your MySQL root password everything else is automated, including db sourcing and server configuration. The only bit of manual server configuration required is public server ops will need to change their server's name in eqemu_config.xml after the installation is over.

This program is certainly not meant for advanced users as there is no advanced configuration options. It does everything for you, and I wish the program to stay that way, largely for the benefit of the noobs in our community. That's not to say advanced users will find no use for it, it's a great way to quickly get a server up and running, and of course after the installation you can go in and change anything you wish.

There are three versions, one with maps, one without (both have water maps, however), and the last is meant to upgrade previous versions. (DB, Quests, and Binaries only, nothing else) Obviously, the only difference is in size. I do recommend grabbing the one with maps, though for fresh installs. That way you know you have everything situated, and since the program uses lzma compression, the whole thing actually is smaller than the raw map downloads on the EQEmu Sourceforge page. If you already have your maps, then by all means grab the one without which is 240MB smaller Of course, if you already have a previous version of the Server Pack installed, grab the update. It is the smallest of the 3, and will update you without destroying toons, bots, or configuration.

All three versions give you a choice between using standard EQEmu binaries, or the EQoffline (bots) binaries.

A quick note about minilogin server installs: If you install both the db and select minilogin server config, it will automatically create a GM account username: mini password: mini you can use to connect. Please also note that the Server Pack configures minilogin for localhost only, if you wish to play over a LAN, you need to change your db/client settings manually.

There aren't many gotchas with this version, I tried to simplify as much as possible. However, please READ the notes at the beginning of the install to avoid problems!!!! Of course, if there are any questions, feel free to post below.

I will not provide support for the EQEmu binaries, or the EQoffline system in anyway. However, support for the actual installer, and normal support of the db and quests can be had in the PEQ forums. http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2

Enjoy!

Last edited by cavedude; 12-09-2011 at 02:24 PM..
Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Theeper
Discordant

Nice work as usual CD!

Do you ever plan to turn this into a server patcher ?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Aye, I rewrote the internal workings a bit so it's easier for me to insert databases and the binaries/source. The next version will have additional options for upgrading, like sourcing the system tables only. I just wanted this version to be a baseline, so we're all on the same page.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The new version of the installer is out, utilizing the 1104 EQEmu binaries and DB, as well as up to date quests.

A third binary has been added, meant to update the previous version of the installer. If you already have Server Pack installed, grab the upgrade which by far is the smallest of the 3. It will update your binaries, quests, and system tables of the db without destroying toons, bots, and server configuration.

If you are new to the Server Pack, then you'll need to pick a full version. If you are new to EQEmu and don't already have maps downloaded, then I recommend grabbing the version with maps. It's hefty (200+MB), but it will get you setup with everything you need, except for Titanium, Perl and MySQL.

Please read the notes at the beginning of the installer. This will help prevent problems, especially since Perl was recently updated and breaks EQEmu!

Please note that EQoffline included is still using 1102 (the same as the previous Server Pack installation). Unless somebody beats me to it, I plan on merging the bot code into 1104 eventually. Due to new columns/rules in the db, you may get some errors on start up when using these binaries. However, they should still work fine and the errors are safe to ignore. EQoffline users will still benefit from the updated quests and DB content.

Link is the same as above:

http://projecteq.net/downloads

Last edited by cavedude; 04-11-2008 at 09:31 PM..
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I changed the upgrade installer system a bit. Now, on days I update DB CVS, I also plan to update the upgrade pack. The full version may fall behind until major releases occur, but the upgrade pack should stay relatively up to date. The link on the download site now directs you to a forum post on the PEQ forums with links to all of the previous upgrade packs. To avoid confusion, you only need to apply the newest one, as it will contain all of the data provided in the previous versions. Upgrade Pack is now running 1106.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Derduhhuh
Fire Beetle

Default Question.

How do i make accounts to log into my minilogin server. i tried logging in with the name:mini pass:mini on my eq but all it does is brign up the server screen where you select your server. i select the server and go to play it loads a bit then hangs and brings me back to the login screen on eq. how do i fix that? o.o
Old 06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Ainkut
Fire Beetle

hey, Derduhh, got a solution
1: uninstall, i mean entirely, MySQL version 5. if not using version 5, get it
2: reboot computer, please!
3: reinstall the PEQ file, now you only have to do the 'PEQ Database' option. everything else, won't matter yay or nay. just this

now boot up EQEmu, EQ itself, log in..i get a problem in which it goes nowhere the first time i log into PEQ, i just Alt F4 the client, start back up, and it works fine..

Enjoy!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:35 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Updated to 1110, added some updated maps to the full version. Both the EQEmu and EQOffline binaries include a good amount of fixes from the EQEmu forums, plus some other miscellaneous stuff. Source is included with both full versions.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:49 AM
RCPD0715
Sarnak

Default old DB

how can i install a DB backup i have for a fresh install of your server pack pls? is this possible? im not really sure if i backed it up right or not lol....
Old 11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
fullcan
Fire Beetle

Default Confused

What am I doing wrong,or not doing?
I have installed Cave Dudes Server Pack installer
eqemu_config
I change line
<longname>PEQ says change me!<longname>
to
<longname>my server's name<longname>
I change line
<password>eq<password>
to
<password>password I typed into install<password>
I clicked on Run EQEmu
I am in a DOS window labled
C:\EQEmu\eqlauch.exe
It Reads

[B][Debug] Starting Log: log/eqe_debug_2444.log
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[Debug] [NET__WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to server 127.0.01
:9000 failed: TCPConnection::Connect<>: connect<> failed. Error: 10061
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] worldserver.Connect<> FAILED! Will retry.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Starting main loop
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcan View Post
[Debug] [NET__WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to server 127.0.01:9000 failed: TCPConnection::Connect<>: connect<> failed. Error: 10061
That IP should be 127.0.0.1
Old 12-01-2008, 09:01 PM
rixcraven
Sarnak

Default Sorry to appear stupid...

but, does this package support bots?..
I mean, on minilogin.. I wasn't sure, and don't know what EQOFFLINE is..

if I can run a minilogin server, with bots.. then this is the one for me

many thanks for your help
Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yup, eqoffline are bots.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:05 AM
D.Goaro
Fire Beetle

Default PEQ Server Pack 4 0

I created a server and it uses a mini login. I used the service pack so I have an eq launcher. I sent my friend the launcher the host fole and the settings file set up to my server. When he runs the launcher he created a user id and password and logged into server select. It had my server there with me on it 1 in population. But when he tried to enter it just sat for a bit and kicked him back to log in. When I checked my database it didnt have any indication that a new account had been created. Is there a way to add the account to my database I tried but Im not sure how to add it or what do I need to do to get him on to my server. Sorry again this should be my final question after a long hard road.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:13 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

This thread is a couple of years old and is stickied. The link doesn't work anymore. Are you going to be working on another one, CD?