Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Pre-Revamp info on old zones

I'm hoping someone can help me here -
Starting with Droga/Nurga; never played in Droga pre revamp, and did some play in Nurga, but hardly can remember. Can you recall if the mobs were all the same there, and they just upped the levels/bettered the drops?

I'll take any info on any zones, or if someone can point me to a site that still has this data, that would be great too.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me here -
Starting with Droga/Nurga; never played in Droga pre revamp, and did some play in Nurga, but hardly can remember. Can you recall if the mobs were all the same there, and they just upped the levels/bettered the drops?

I'll take any info on any zones, or if someone can point me to a site that still has this data, that would be great too.
http://azigon.com/seqmoddb.rar

Inside this rar archive is collected SEQ info that has mob data including location, race, and approx. hp of packet collected mobs from 2001.

I think that's before the revamps, so give it a shot, see if there's worthwhile info in there. I saw CT, Nurga, Droga, etc. pre revamp in there.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Thanks!
looks like I might can use that, it's very interesting stuff.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
janusd
Sarnak

Now if someone could just get us PoM v. 1.0... I know it exists on Al'Kabor still, but that would take someone actually getting a mac version and on the mac server.

Or if someone just has some collects from the PoP or before era, that would work too.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Does anyone remember or have any more info on old CT?, anything at all you can remember?
Would it be right to state they used a lot of the same models (gorillas lizards, etc) , upped the levels, changed the drops and made the place high level?
Was all of old CT KoS or a specific faction (lizard faction maybe?)- Was the Level range in there was like 9-30?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:23 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Looking at Alla's info for CT, some of the posts back from 2001 talk about level ranges being do'able by 3-man groups max level 30 I think. Paladins could solo, so the level had to be low (grin)

I thought the mobs were frogs back then, but I could be wrong. As a Wizard, I used to port into the pyramid and run for the door to get to Feerrott... but those memories reside in some seriously scorched neurons. Sorry I cannot remember more.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Mobs were definitely lizards... most of them got moved to Feerrott after.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 AM
AndMetal
Developer

For some reason, I think the entrance mobs were 20-25, and everything else inside was higher. I also remember that, if you could kill the outside guard mobs, you could usually kill some of the other mobs near the entrance, but not all of them. I also think my Rallos Zek Ogre Shaman wasn't KoS to them to start with (apprehensive or dubious maybe?).

As far as the spawns, I think they were similar, although I'd have to take a look at the current CT (I never really went there after the revamp).

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Thanks for the help, hopefully, you'll get rewarded with 'partial' reconstructed original zones.
My idea is not to make a new database with different zones, but have 'zone-spawns' within 'zone-spawns' that pop when required. The three revamped zones that came to mind were Nurga, Droga, and Lost Temple of CazicThule. I never played any of these zones pre-revamp, void Nurga, where we had a little 'scam' going on for leveling fast (anyone remember the 'invisible wall' you feared mobs to and killed them from behind?).
I've already done Nurga, which is mostly 'fictional' since the only data I could find was what Secrets posted. But I figure if I get it up and running, people will change and fix as thery remember it.
Nurga and Droga is hard to find data, as I guess not many played there. I probably should have done CT first, but I learned with Nurga, and plan to be a lot more organized wth CT. Old CT must have been a very popular zone in its time, while Googling, I saw a lot of people got upset after it was revamped (I also found a lot of good info on the old zone).
In a nutshell, what will happen when you zone in is, the zone will pop either classic or revamped according to your characters level (by default action). So far what I could come up with is, the zone has to stay dynamic if you want it to pop according to level. Reason being, first one in the zone sets the spawn levels, and it stays like that tell this player leaves and the zone shuts down (so the zone won't repop on you while you're in there).
If you only want the old classic zone, or better prefer the revamped version, you only need set it to whichever one, and turn off the level dectector.
When I'm finished, I'll make a PEQ-Insert SQL version of CT, if anyone wants/requests it. I'll even do Nurga, but like I said , a lot of the data there is not true to classic, for lack of info.
It will all be in my posted database too.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Disorder
Hill Giant

My memory of prevamped CT was fighting in the temple with the gorillas on a level 35 druid in full group. Was relatively challenging, as gear then was absolute crap for everyone. Drops for rogue ravenscale armor was stupid rare and annoying. Poorly designed loot tables pretty much sums it up - which was perfectly in line with the rest of EQ at the time!
Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 PM
mgellan
Sarnak

The link for seqmoddb.rar doesn't appear to be working, anyone got an alternative link? Thx!

Regards,
Mg
Old 04-29-2015, 09:16 AM
kugbok
Fire Beetle

anyone have a working link/file
Old 04-29-2015, 11:36 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I too would be interested in this.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:20 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

I have it on my site. Will move it to a public area later and share.

Used it when I reverted a bunch of zones a while back.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:30 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Please!! I will archive it back myself in case people need it in the future. Old information like that is gold.
Closed Thread