Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 07-05-2015, 09:32 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
This will break all NPCs in the game, as you're telling him to change a column that is referenced in the source code on multiple occasions and not actually telling him to change the source behind it. I'm not sure why people don't use EOC, it's a great system written for the sole purpose of being dynamic and easily updated.
Code:
d_meele_texture1
Is actually still referenced in the source? If not, then, what he said was sound and proper English instructions.

As to the EOC and whether or not people use it, because they don't want to? Or, they wish to use it only as a supplement to an application that they're used to, thus likely efficient in. EOC is powerful, the coding behind it is appreciated, however, I personally, do not like the color schemes. And when you are color deficient like me, it may make a very huge difference. Though to correct Asylum just a tad, it IS portable (EOC, or at least it was available) but, not exactly straight forward/easy peasy, certainly nowhere as easy as double clicking an EXE file from a windows explorer.

If none of that makes sense, obviously, different strokes for different folks. But, I'm sure you do (or should) understand it to a point. After all, you changed a long standing d_meele_texture1 to d_melee_texture1 only to correct spelling.

The only thing it really did accomplish was break GeorgeS' tools. But, that's my opinion, as I said, different strokes different folks. Good day.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Yeah, I understand what Asylum said, he's telling him to add useless columns to use an out-dated tool, I misread when I said it would break NPCs, as I thought he meant to rename the columns, not add duplicates. Either way, this is pointless.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:13 AM
Asylum
Sarnak

The point was regaining a functional npc_loot_editor that I prefer to use. Anyone who wants to use the EoC editor is welcome to do so, I'm not discouraging that. I'm simply making a tool usable once more. Use it, call it outdated, don't use it, up to the individual.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Uleat
Developer

We will probably see more server changes, in the near future, that will only add to the incompatibility issue of non-active tools.

I haven't seen GeorgeS on in a long time..I hope he's ok.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Shendare
Dragon

I think Akka also has made EOC available on Github as a way of letting people download it to their local machines for running on a local web server, so they don't need the internet or to connect their database to an outside system.

While it's not as simple as running an executable, I remember getting Apache and PHP running on a home server some years back to use a piece of software that required it, and I'm a total newb at non-Microsoft web stuff.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Here you guys go, I hex-edited the program to use the new columns: NPC Editor
Old 07-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Heh heh. Kingly Krab, the hero we need.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Well, it was Demonstar55's suggestion, all I did was download the Notepad++ HexEditor plugin and change meele to melee anywhere I found it. I tested it and it doesn't crash for me, so it should be good. We just need that .exe to be added to the tools file on chrsschb's website so that when people download it it's already compatible.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Notepad++ has a HexEditor plugin that's decent? I'll have to take a look. wxHexEditor is a bit long in the tooth these days.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Yeah, it does, check here.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Ah, it's pretty basic. Good to know, though. And I'm sure your npc loot editor patch will be appreciated.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Haha, I did it for people that may still use it, I may not use it myself, but I know how inconvenient it is for things to be deprecated to the point of literal uselessness.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

I haven't tried the EOC, I'm still using George's NPC Editor, but the only thing (for my needs)
that I can't do when I add items to a new merchant NPC is set the pricing. But I just use
other avenues to do that.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:36 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
I haven't tried the EOC, I'm still using George's NPC Editor, but the only thing (for my needs)
that I can't do when I add items to a new merchant NPC is set the pricing. But I just use
PeqEditor?
Old 12-06-2015, 11:37 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
pp/gg/ss/cc prices are set on the item itself. Alternate Currency prices are set on the vendor.

Use PEQEditor, EOC, or just straight database editing.