Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:19 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

Thumbs up Nagafens Lair Server

Gotta say, This server is a ton of fun.
I've been playing here for, oh, a month or so almost now.

First, the basics:
Titanium Client works fine here. Nothing you can't get to with it

This is a solo-type server. No, *everything* isn't soloable, but most of it is. You aren't going to log in on day 1 and be soloing in PoTime that night. Not to say that after your all geared up, and have unlocked PoP, that it takes anything more then 1 solid group really though to run through Time, Assuming they have the best gear and good charms.

Gear drops right where it would on live, however, mobs are at 1/3rd of live strength, named seem to pop a lot more often, and it seems they drop the good stuff often enough. You will gear up here pretty quick, especially after ya start hitting some of those old raid zones, like VP/ToV/Kael/VT

Charm: There is a Charm, which you can level up to 99. At level 1, (you buy it for free in lobby), it has +1 all stats/sv, +100hp, +50mana.. At level 99, it's got +99 to all stats/sv, 9900hp, 4450mana. The cost to upgrade the trinket is 25aa's per rank, Don't let that intimidate you though. EXP here goes smoothly, you will get 60+ fairly quick, but you need to be, to solo all those bosses you'll be killing, or trying to kill. I can get an AA every 2 kills or so in elemental planes. And there's commonly groups of people running around spread acrost the zone, slaughtering everything they see, There is a group EXP bonus, and you will find plenty of people to group with.

Zone-hub = Guild Lobby. You start off here, there are spell scribers, buffers, Teleporters(Cuts down a lot on some of the running around, but note, they wont just port you anywhere. More zones become unlocked as you progress), and some little trinkets to buy off the vendors when you start.

You progress, starting in oldworld, and you've gotta take out some oldworld dragons/bosses to unlock Kunark. Then, the same is done there, Then through Velious, Then through Luclin, untill you unlock PoP, which is where we are sitting at now. The task masters for the unlock quests are located in the main zone-hub for the server, Guild Lobby.

Almost anyone can really solo their way through Kunark, guess it would depend on your class.. You might need 1 partner to help, if not.
Some more solo friendly classes can even go beyond that. I play a pet class, and i can solo most mobs up through vex thal, but I've got pretty decent gear.

New content soon:: The Head GM here, Sabrina, is pretty great at what she does. The next expansion being dropped, is 100% custom, New Quests, Mobs, Drops, And it shouldn't be more then a couple weeks off or so, I hear The GM's here are on often, will help if you need it, and even have hosted some pretty cool events.

The server has just recently been upgraded with some new hardware too, so we are calling all you players out there, bored and without a solid home, to come join ours!

So c'mon guys and girls... It's a lot of fun to run through the old zones mobs, see what drops, remember old forgotten camps & spawns, and be able to do it at your own pace.

Everyone on this server is crazy friendly, And no, I'm not just saying that. If we see someone new, we are going to try helping them out, whether it be some extra gear, or help flagging. We want you guys to stay! We love this server and want to keep it's population up and around.

Log on in today, Check it out. You won't regret it!

-Sion
Hit me up in game if ya need people!

Last edited by supahsen; 11-29-2011 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: luclin
Old 11-29-2011, 10:12 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

One thing I forgot to mention, HP/mana regen rate is somewhere around 10% total hp/mana per tick when out of combat and sitting. So it doesent take too long, and scales with your character as you get more hp/mana.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:24 PM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

Well I started on the server about one week ago, and I have to say that I've enjoyed myself. For a person not very experienced in the emu community this was all made pretty easy.

There are NPCs through out the starting area that are very descriptive on how things work and how to get started on the server. For those that are playing on the Emu for nostalgic reasons like myself, the zones maintain the great classic feel without the huge EXP grind time to get from one level to the next. Once you hit your max level (65) there is still plenty of content to keep you occupied for quite sometime.

The community of players there are very welcoming and helpful. From the general discussions held in the OOC channel to the private IM's received, you will be welcomed back into the everquest community as if you never left. If any of you new guys need any help hit me up.

65 Monk

Wang the Titleless Monk
Old 12-03-2011, 11:02 AM
daerath
Sarnak

When you sasy that the expansions are unlocked, is that serverwide or does every character have to unlock them?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:23 PM
j3wman
Fire Beetle

Every character has to unlock them at their own pace.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:30 PM
narakusin
Fire Beetle

Just dropping in here to say that my stay on this server has been more than pleasant. Everyone is communicative, it encourages people to help others in the small times that it is necessary.

I found Sion (the gentlemen who started this thread) to be one hell of a mentor and a great person. I grouped with another person who also was great to hang out with and kill some mobs with.

The customization and direction on this server is amazing and I recommend that everyone at least gives it a try.

The population may not be that large right now but it seems most people are just waiting for the next round of levels and content to be released. Plenty here for everyone.

My name is Narakus in-game, I am still working on getting myself to max level but if you need any help with the early content feel free to send me a tell.

PS... This server rocks!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 PM
kaark
Fire Beetle

Been playing a bit on the server now and its fun!

Is it still "active"? last update seems to have been 2011-11-29? And the website says its been suspended? And the wiki page doesnt say much either, cant download the model file.

any other active solo server out that have the old world intact and have exp bonus?

Old 02-18-2012, 06:48 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

AH, i really like this ser ver, but there just hasn't been any new content in a while now, i think most of the population has left for other servers now because there isnt much to do ( Sadly, i think thats the case with almost* any emu server after any time spent playing on it) You play it.. you cap out on the content.. and then theres just nothing to do but make alts. Still alot of potential though, and if you havent played there before, its good for a week or two.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:35 AM
osirisline
Fire Beetle

Hey this server sounds amazing.. i would love to join.. anyone know how to get eqemu working on ubuntu??
Old 03-24-2012, 08:52 PM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

This server vanished a while ago.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
bodi
Hill Giant

We reopen Friday!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 AM
dedaoff
Fire Beetle

gotta be honest, played on the "beta" right now, pretty good..

as any other eqemu server, pets are very powerfull, but they are making melee pretty decent as well.

the idea of beating the content to open the next "expansion" attracted me.

the xp is pretty good, a bit too easy in my opinion.

will definetly lay day my anchor hear, matey..

yaar
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

well it's friday afternoon and he still hasn't wiped the char's that MoTD says will happen thur nite...
Old 04-20-2012, 07:40 PM
dedaoff
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozium View Post
well it's friday afternoon and he still hasn't wiped the char's that MoTD says will happen thur nite...
now is saturday morning... maybe tomorrow morning will be sunday night...
Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 PM
bodi
Hill Giant

Nah, I ended up having to stay over because of a call in, so after another 24 hour shift where we were super busy with bad stuff (paramedic), I just didn't get the last 12 hours of work I needed before I made us live =) Don't sweat it. Its coming!