Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-16-2015, 09:47 AM
Trackye
Sarnak

Default Magus_Alaria.LUA

There seems to be an issue with the LUA provided in the quest downloads for Magus_Alaria.LUA. (Unmodified version)

if a player clicked Nedaria's_Landing it causes the guildlobby zone.exe to jump up to around 300k usage and causes an extreme amount of server lag. I fixed the problem by converting and using a .PL version of the file as my LUA skills aren't all that impressive as of yet.

I wont post my script I used to fix it because I did modify it after I got it working but I thought I would pass it along.
****EDIT****
left the above line in question so this comment didnt sound stupid but I realized above I sounded like an ass.
I meant I had changed what the script was meant to do after i fixed it and sharing mine might cause problems for other servers as it does not do what it was intended to do anymore.

Have the same issue with a quest in Skyfire but currently hunting down what script exactly is the culprit.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:53 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

Cool! Thanks for sharing!!!