Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Oaric
Sarnak

Default New server idea

I played a server back in the day called Ruins of Kunark. Was a AWESOME server. And im considering remaking it(with some customs) so heres my idea.

It would be a kunark based server ( in the beginning )

starting off in Field of Bone,you will work your way through custom content making your way to the hub of the server ( Lake of Ill Omen )

We will start with a level cap of level 60 and custom spells/1.0's

Custom pets,custom items,custom class balancing.

to get a little more in depth of zones im thinking it would be as follows:

FoB 1-10
Kurns 10-20
Warlisk Woods 20-40
Lake of Ill Omen 40-50
Veksar 50-60

Raid Zones/Mobs

Naggy
Vox
ToV
Sleepers Tomb

All zones full of custom quests and loots.

I have ALOT of ideas so I wont bore everyone with them but will tell you we will progress past Kunark with the death of the Sleeper.

We will also have custom flagging so wont be to hard/easy.

Note: PoK/Bazaar will not be open until the death of the Sleeper. But we will provide a quest for a horse so traveling will not be so horrible hehe.

In higher tiers of the server there will be percs for SoD users but will not make them better then titanium users(to a point) but SoD users will be able to get more custom items.

If this is a server that seems cool to you please let me know
Old 09-26-2011, 11:12 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

will ther ebe porters to those zones? or ahve to run etc?
i would probelry pop on and look
Old 09-27-2011, 03:09 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

I support the idea of this server. Kunark was by far one of my favorite expansions followed by the more recent Seeds of Dectruction. But i hope all goes well with the server =D.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 09-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Oaric
Sarnak

No porter to the current leveling zones, they can all be ran to easily enough,like i said there will be a quest for a upgradeable horse :P. There will be porters in Lake of Ill Omen lighthouse for the raid zones though. And eventually a porter to PoK just to make it a bit easier for everyone. Theres alot to be done to get the server up,still need to get it made,and find a host before i even begin all the work and detail lol.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Expletus
Hill Giant

Sounds fun... however if you start in Kunark wouldn't you want to progress out of kunark from w/in kunark ? Sleeper was Vel expansion. So wouldn't like Trak be the boss to rock out on to advance?
Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Oaric
Sarnak

oh trak will be very present throughout the beginning of your life in Norath. Be prepared to meet the ring of scale and team up with Trak to destroy The Sleeper. After defeating The Sleeper and presenting Trak with an item from each boss of the raid zones he will present you with a magical item that sends you to the guild lobby and into the planes to complete the Godslayer quest in which you will fight every big PoP boss and defeating Quarm to complete the quest which will send you into the planes of discord to Fight the forces of Overlord Mata Muram. And continue to progress into each big expansion. And in each era there will be a key figure to control your destiny. Kunark has trak,PoP has Zeb,and so on and so on,yet Zeb will come back into play for the SoD users when they get they're unique zones/quests for nice spells (tradeable so they can make they're way to titanium users to!) and nice quested gear thats not game breaking. Eventually unique epic 3.0+. There will also be alot of custom content after leaving Kunark/The Planes and into Discord. It will be a very fun time, plus final mobs in each era (Sleeper,Quarm etc) will only be killable 5 times in game,after they're 5th death they will never spawn again. Raid mobs will require 7-14 characters. Might have a max box number of 3,and turn group exp way up to make people want to have a full group. We want you to meet ur community! And each class will end up way powerful when payed attention to,so each class is extremely usefull (Even Chanters!). It will be awhile doing all this alone but when it comes,trust me it will be worth it!

PS if anyone is interested in helping PM me and we can talk :P
Old 01-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Oaric
Sarnak

Bump,still prepared for the server have the whole timeline layed out about to start work,if anyone would be interested in helping me with this project(builders,host's,testers,etc) just PM me!