Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:29 PM
Bonehard
Fire Beetle

Default Karana Server new Database

Hello,
2 weeks ago i started to play on the karana server.
(Name: Kaputo - Warrior.) - PS: English is not my native language.

But the server broke up.
Alot of the things didnt work that it made the server unplayable.
Since i really like the server and other people like it too i started to download the the old database and questfile for karana server.
I spend the last 2 nights arround to install a fresh new eqemu server und started to migrate the database to the new eqemu version.
The database i have now works with the actual eqemu server install from github.
Botsystem was also reactivated, since the content was tuned for bots.
It wasnt working on the broken karana server.

List of things that was done so far:
Botsystem activated
Some quest bugs fixed
Epic 3.0 Quest tested and i can confirm it works.
All drops for that quest where checked.
You will find it trough custome content progress.
Custom zones working.
NPC in PoK Hub fixed that tell you where to find custom zones at your level.
Tasks in bloodfields for augments should work now.
Some clean up of some tables with old data from characters and guilds.

So if anyone want to rehost this server i will provide the links for the database and quests.
I did just tested this with a fresh installation of the eqemu binaries.
So if you want to use it, make a new folder or use a vBox or something.

Dont delete the questfolder, just overwrite with the content of the file provided.

Here are the links. I will let it stay for some days/weeks...

Database
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fI3...ew?usp=sharing

Quests
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14VJ...ew?usp=sharing

Client global load files
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1acR...ew?usp=sharing

Hope someone will host this nice server.
I woul myself, but i have a fulltime job and not really much time to manage a server
But i will still test it on my local mashine. maybe i find more stuff to update.

Have fun !
Old 08-13-2019, 03:40 PM
Bonehard
Fire Beetle

A little info i forgot.
Please rename the global_player.lua to global_player.luaold or so.
Since u need the global_player.pl file.
It has also autotrain and some other stuff inside.

You find the file under the questfolder -> global ->
Than just run the command #questreload and it will be used.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:21 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

Someone was running this server what happened it?
Old 08-14-2019, 02:26 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...o&worldid=2823
Old 08-14-2019, 03:18 AM
Bonehard
Fire Beetle

Hello, yeah the server is still running. But alot of stuff doesnt work anymore on this server.
Quests broken, custom zones broken. Random doesnt work.
Server was balanced for bots. but the botsystem doesnt work. so the server isnt playable in that state atm. GM wasnt showing up for a long time so i decide to just download the old database and migrate it the actual eqemu version. so people can install for playing it again if they want. i playing it atm at home on lan and it makes really fun.

PS: Iam not the owner of that server or the karana database. but i like that server. I just wanted to share the migrated database to the public nothing more
Old 08-14-2019, 01:56 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

I'm not one who would be hosting this kind of server, but just a little observation here. That particular database,quests that you linked is not as quite complete as the original download that was posted here : https://karanaeqemu.weebly.com/serve...come-to-an-end
Your version has a DB that's got some troubled tables in it, as well as some custom quests that are not quite the same as that original download. I'm not sure where you got your version from, maybe from someone else, but the one I linked seems to be functioning for the most part, (bots. mercs, custom scripts in pok, etc.) after updating it with current code, but overall, it could use some work. By someone ..... lol
Old 08-14-2019, 02:08 PM
Bonehard
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
I'm not one who would be hosting this kind of server, but just a little observation here. That particular database,quests that you linked is not as quite complete as the original download that was posted here : https://karanaeqemu.weebly.com/serve...come-to-an-end
Your version has a DB that's got some troubled tables in it, as well as some custom quests that are not quite the same as that original download. I'm not sure where you got your version from, maybe from someone else, but the one I linked seems to be functioning for the most part, (bots. mercs, custom scripts in pok, etc.) after updating it with current code, but overall, it could use some work. By someone ..... lol
I downloaded it from the link you posted. maybe there where some stuff after upgrading? i used the database from the link too. amt i playing it and everything working well so far. but thank you for telling me.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:44 AM
THCue
Fire Beetle

Hello EQ players!

Yes I host the Karana server, and I have only 1 admin that manages it. I really don't have time to set and run through the database with a comb any more. I host alot of games hence why I have an admin to manage such things. With that being said We do have a discord as you can see on our info page. We used to run a very basic EQ DB for over a year ago named "The land of kush". We decided to try out an old database (karana) many of you know Land of kush as it was basic was never down for alittle over a year. We decided to take Karana under our wing and test it out. I have one admin and would always take on another admin to keep this server alive. If anyone has anything to say jump in our discord and spark a chat with me @Jakespeed.

Okay guys I have to get back to work cheers and keep Karana alive lets try to fix some broken tables so you can play again. If someone else wishes to host it, That's fine as well.

-Jake
Old 08-15-2019, 08:56 AM
Bonehard
Fire Beetle

Hello,
iam not sure if iam at home at the weekend but when i have time the next days i will join your discord and we can try together to fix your server. Would be nice to play again on it with other people
Thank you for letting us know that this server is not dead !
Old 08-15-2019, 09:39 AM
THCue
Fire Beetle

@bonehard

I agree! I love to host games I used to play. I would love another admin to join the team. I would jump into EQ but I in no means want power never have an any of my games hosted. When we both have time jump in discord lets get the ball rolling and resurrect Karana. I would do it, but am also seeking an WOW admin also so I been combing that database as well. I host 5 ARK servers and SOTF server, website, and other random hosting and I get pulled in every direction.

So yeah jump in join the family lets brainstorm on what we can do. That goes for anyone that wants to chip in. Cheers guys.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Something I've been working on, which may be beneficial to any new server, is an sql query file, which will source in all level 71-85 pets, both in npc_types and pets tables, including the enchanter animations and cleric hammer pets. I'll be posting that in the support forums here, when I am done with it, sometime after the weekend. (Got lots of my own crap going on), lol
Old 08-15-2019, 01:00 PM
THCue
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Something I've been working on, which may be beneficial to any new server, is an sql query file, which will source in all level 71-85 pets, both in npc_types and pets tables, including the enchanter animations and cleric hammer pets. I'll be posting that in the support forums here, when I am done with it, sometime after the weekend. (Got lots of my own crap going on), lol
Boom you're Awesome!

Karana might be saved *There was much rejoicing*
Old 08-19-2019, 02:18 AM
THCue
Fire Beetle

Up and running great thanks to DougalDragon! Hats off to you again Sir!

We have some small things to tweak, but all and all it's ALOT better than before BOTs up and working etc.

Do to all the corrupted code and messed with DB we had to wipe sadly. But the server is Fresh and with updated binaries and files. Can't wait to jump in and play myself now.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:33 PM
Jahosphat
Sarnak

/tears ... very cool to see you guys take over.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:16 PM
THCue
Fire Beetle

Yeah, DougalDragon and I have been cleaning things up fixing issues linking things back together and a lot of other stuff it's coming along nicely. We are looking to adding some new things as well Quests, Gear etc so stay tuned!

-Jake